• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Which cars you have owned before settling down with Tacoma

Nana

TTC Chicks
This is a general question, how many or which cars you have owned before getting a Tacoma, or considering buying one?

Share with us your collection.

Last edited:

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Just my present stable is extensive:
Ive been accused of being a hoarder or having a mental illness dealing with vehicles, truth is I love transportation items, Ive owned over 200 vehicles in the past 25 yrs.
present stable:
1991 Toyota Deluxe truck, highly modified
1999 Tacoma TRD 4x4, modified
2011 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 crewcab
2008 Chevy HHR
1993 Jeep Wrangler
1972 Chevy El Camino
1969 AMX
1977 Toyota Corrolla
I also own 2 late model Harleys, a Glastron runabout, and 19 classic metric motorcycles.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow, let's count non-Toyota vehicles shall we ...
  • 1962 GMC 3/4-top Pickup
  • 1973 Ford Mustang 351
  • 1977 Jeep CJ5
  • 1978 Chevy Suburban
  • 1982 Ford Mustang 5.0 HO
  • 1999 Ford F150 XLT
  • 2002 Chevy Trailblazer
  • 2010 Chrysler Town & Country
  • 2010 Chevy Traverse

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Ive been accused of being a hoarder or having a mental illness dealing with vehicles, truth is I love transportation items, Ive owned over 200 vehicles in the past 25 yrs.
present stable:
2008 Chevy HHR
1993 Jeep Wrangler
1972 Chevy El Camino
1969 AMX
1977 Toyota Corrolla
I also own 2 late model Harleys, a Glastron runabout, and 19 classic metric motorcycles.
You've got an amx? Pretty cool. Did you see the comedians in cars getting coffee with John Stewart?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Didnt see the Jon Stewart show.
I bought the AMX out of San Antonio about 6 months a go, it was gonna be a flip but I kinda fell for it.
Its a 85% original car with 76k miles, stored in a garage since 1980 after the owner got married and couldnt ever afford to rebuild the brakes. Life kept happening. He finally needed a car for his college bound oldest daughter.
Im really not sure what my plans are for it, as far as AMX's go it isnt rare, 401 with 3spd auto, pwr steering, manual windows, am/fm radio. Just a different car from the basic muscle car.

Nana

TTC Chicks
present stable:
2008 Chevy HHR
1993 Jeep Wrangler
1972 Chevy El Camino
1969 AMX
1977 Toyota Corrolla
That’s a nice list you’ve got there!

What 200 vehicles?! Wow I don’t blame them for accusing you of being a hoarder haha, but I agree with you on loving the transportation items, it's so much fun driving around.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
i'm pretty young so don't have a history under my belt.. started with Nissan qashqai , and still using that while I hunt down my first Toyota truck! :)
Yeah, but you're a world traveler, that vehicle is very similar to the Nissan Rouge in the US and although it's not the same as Qashqai, it serves the same position in the company's vehicle lineup.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Didnt see the Jon Stewart show.
I bought the AMX out of San Antonio about 6 months a go, it was gonna be a flip but I kinda fell for it.
Its a 85% original car with 76k miles, stored in a garage since 1980 after the owner got married and couldnt ever afford to rebuild the brakes. Life kept happening. He finally needed a car for his college bound oldest daughter.
Im really not sure what my plans are for it, as far as AMX's go it isnt rare, 401 with 3spd auto, pwr steering, manual windows, am/fm radio. Just a different car from the basic muscle car.

Here's a preview to the YouTube preview. It's Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, which is Jerry Seinfeld's web series on Crackle.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Jerry Seinfield has a very nice collection of vehicles, mostly Porsches.
Thats a nice 1970 AMX.
The yellow Gremlin looks like a Gremlin X, which is a somewhat rare car, only a few thousand Gremlins came with the X package that included a 304ci engine 3spd auto or 4 spd manual and 3.77 r/r axle.
Yea thats my car geek knowledge coming out.
I try to stay under 15 cars at any one time, Ill sell one normally when something new catches my eye.
Bikes are a different story though since they take less storage room.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
When I was coming of driving age the Pinto, Gremlin, Mustang II, etc were just getting to the point where they were the entry level car for many of us.

Seinfeld borrows cars he said in an interview, otherwise they would all be Porsche and Volkswagen.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
In fact he takes Jay Leno out for a spin in a vintage hand made Porsche.

Jerry's Next Guest is Jay Leno | Comedians in Car…:

Nana

TTC Chicks
i'm pretty young so don't have a history under my belt.. started with Nissan qashqai , and still using that while I hunt down my first Toyota truck! :)
I can relate to that! I want to drive so many cars, but my current "finance" doesn't allow me to enjoy that.

rickoshay45

67 Dodge Dart, Buick Century, Dodge Rampage, Chevy Celebrity, Ford Tempo, Dodge Spirit, PT Cruiser, Harley Davidson Electraglide Classic, 2014 Tacoma and 17 assorted motorcycles.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
67 Dodge Dart, Buick Century, Dodge Rampage, Chevy Celebrity, Ford Tempo, Dodge Spirit, PT Cruiser, Harley Davidson Electraglide Classic, 2014 Tacoma and 17 assorted motorcycles.
Another motorcycle guy huh.

rickoshay45

The Harley along with quite a few others were "only rides" meaning hey were my daily drivers". 21 degrees at 5AM and a 40 miles ride get to be a bit much even in Florida. The HD was replaced by the Taco when a bear decided to run out in front of it at 4:30 on a foggy morning. I shed no tears as it was the worst vehicle I have ever owned. The extended warrantee spent almost half the purchase price over 7 years keeping it on the road for 115k miles. When the Taco is paid of in 4 years I am thinking about a Goldwing or an Indian Roadmaster.

honestly as a driver i have my 00 bmw 540i and cant wait for the summer days but of the trucks ive owned the toyota has been most reliable
90mercury tracer
89 nissan sentra
89 chevy s10 4.3
96subaru legacy 2wd
2)89 bmw 325is
87 bmw 635csi
00 bmw 540i
00 tundra sr5v8

Nana

TTC Chicks
honestly as a driver i have my 00 bmw 540i and cant wait for the summer days but of the trucks ive owned the toyota has been most reliable
90mercury tracer
89 nissan sentra
89 chevy s10 4.3
96subaru legacy 2wd
2)89 bmw 325is
87 bmw 635csi
00 bmw 540i
00 tundra sr5v8
As long as Tacoma or Toyota (in general) is in your collection ;)

Related Content You Might Like: