• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

SAIS/AIP Plug-n-Play Bypass module and block-off plates kit!! NO cutting wires!!

Tmr170

If you've got a Toyota or Lexus 2004-2012 with a 4.7L or 5.7L engine, you may be aware of the issues with the AIP/Secondary Air Induction System failures, and the rather expensive dealer costs to get this repaired. There are a number of choices available outside of the dealer fix that might be worth considering. One very popular method is a set of DIY instructions. With some inexpensive parts and a bit of effort, you can easily modify your car to get the codes cleared and back up and running again. Plenty of information is available online regarding this method.

Another choice, which is also very popular, is to purchase a module that requires cutting and splicing into your factory wiring harness. It takes some soldering skills, but the module comes as a complete kit with full instructions. Definitely a bit easier than the DIY method, but it still requires some skills and specialized equipment to get it installed.

What I’m offering is a very simple plug-and-play solution. It requires ZERO modification to your existing wiring, and simply plugs in place right at the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor. If you’d ever find the need to remove it, well, it comes out as quickly as it goes in – a few seconds is all it takes to get the module in place. Again, complete instructions come with the kit.

Both available kits include a set of block-off plates, which are required to be installed in the system to prevent hot exhaust gasses from reaching the air injection pump(s). If you do decide to go the DIY route, feel free to contact me, I’d be happy to sell you a set of block-off plates if you need them.

All three methods above are considerably less than the dealer repair, but keep in mind that bypassing mandated emissions is illegal on public roads.

The module I’m selling was developed by a friend that had this issue with and 05' Tundra. After a bit of research, he realized that he could do a much better job than any solution that required cutting and modifying a factory wiring harness. After a few months of testing, the module was complete and ready to sell. It’s been installed on quite a few vehicles without issue, and it works exactly as designed – no more CEL codes, no more limp mode. Keep in mind that not all problems with the AIP system can be fixed by any of these kits – only the following codes are handled:

ADDRESSES THE FOLLOWING CEL (Check Engine Light) CODES:
P1441 – Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve No 2 Stuck Open Bank 1
P1442 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve No 2 Stuck Closed Bank 1
P1444 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve No 2 Stuck Open Bank 2
P1445 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve No 2 Stuck Closed Bank 2
P2440 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Open Bank 1
P2441 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed Bank 1
P2442 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Open Bank 2
P2443 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed Bank 2
P2444 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Pump Stuck ON Bank 1
P2445 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Pump Stuck OFF Bank 1
P2446 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Pump Stuck ON Bank 2
P2447 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Pump Stuck OFF Bank 2

My kit comes complete with the plug-and-play module, two block-off plates, and complete instructions. Because of the differences in the block-offs, two kits are available – one for the 4.7L engine, one for the 5.7L engine. Both are available on eBay:

4.7->http://www.ebay.com/itm/151499497332?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
5.7->http://www.ebay.com/itm/151681454665?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Last edited:

Tmr170

Frequently asked questions about the SAIS/AIP Secondary Air Induction System.

What is the SAIS/AIP Secondary Air Induction System?
The SAIS/AIP system pumps air into the exhaust on start up to help get the catalytic converters up to operating temperature faster and thus improve emissions. It does not have any affect on performance unless the system fails. Two modes of failure are common, the air induction pump fails or the exhaust valves get stuck open or closed causing your vehicle to go into limp mode.

What noticeable problems will I have with my SAIS/AIP Secondary Air Induction System?
Besides the codes that will occur with this system an obvious problem is you may hear a sound like a vacuum cleaner at the first minute or less of starting your vehicle. Note you won’t hear this sound if the valve(s) have failed. These sounds generally come from the pump vanes that are in the process of failing due to various heat and corrosion related issues.

When you turn on your ignition the computer will determine whether or not you've had a failure in one of the 2 air valves or the blower motors. The computer will then send an error code turning on your check engine light and specifying the failure mode.

What CEL (Check Engine Light) codes may appear if the SAIS/AIP Secondary Air Induction System is defective?
P1441 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve No 2 Stuck Open Bank 1

What are my options to fix the issues with my SAIS/AIP Secondary Air Induction System ?
DYI method; plenty of information available on forums, some easy to find parts and materials, a good amount of wiring, and you’ll be on your way.

A bypass module that involves cutting and splicing into your existing wiring; takes some skills with a soldering iron, but has all the info and material you need to install, and is an easier avenue than the DIY option.

An easy plug-n-play bypass module that involves no cutting, splicing or soldering of your existing wiring; plugs into the harness connecting your MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor to your ECM (Electronic Control Module).

All three above mentioned options are far less expensive than what your dealer will charge. Of course, anything that bypasses federally mandated emissions system can't be used on vehicles on public roads.

Tmr170

Frequently asked questions about the SAIS/AIP Secondary Air Induction System Plug-n-Play Bypass Module and Block-off Plates, No Cutting Wires!!!!

Is the SAIS/AIP Secondary Air Induction System Bypass Module easy to install?
Yes, this module was designed with ease in mind, this module will eliminate the need for cutting or modification of your existing vehicle wiring – it simply plugs into the wiring harness connecting your MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor to your ECM (Electronic Control Module).

Are the Block-off-Plates necessary?
The block-off-plates should only be used in conjunction with a SAIS/AIP bypass module. Two plates are required for your engine. Note that the 4.7L plates differ from the 5.7L plates – you must have the correct plates for your application!

The SAIS/AIP Secondary Air Induction System includes air tubes that connect to the rear of the exhaust manifolds on each side of the engine. The block-off plates fit in between this connection to stop exhaust gasses from backing up into the SAS/AIP system when used with a bypass module. The block-off plates prevent exhaust gasses from leaking back into the SAIS/AIP valves.

For codes P1441, P1444, P2440, P2442, you ‘must’ install the exhaust block-off plates. We highly recommend installation of the block-off-plates in all circumstances, but for these 4 codes, the bypass module and the block-off-plates are required to prevent these codes.

What happens if I leave the key/Ignition on more than 10 sec without starting the truck/SUV?
The only requirement imposed when using the bypass module is that you must start your engine within 10 seconds of turning the ignition key to the ‘on’ position. The module works by bypassing the thermocouple in the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor during the initial 10 seconds of the ignition key being turned to the on position.

If you turn on the ignition, and fail to start the engine within 10 seconds, simply turn the ignition key tothe off position for at least 1 second before attempting to start the engine again.

Can I pass an Emissions/Smog test with the SAIS/AIP Secondary Air Induction System Bypass Module and Block-off-Plates installed on my truck/SUV?
Our product is designed for off-road and/or racing use, or for vehicles otherwise exempt from vehicle emission laws. Modification of your emission controls may violate federal, state, and/or local laws. If you decide to purchase our kit, you assume all risks associated with its use, and agree to hold the maker harmless from any claims of damage, loss, injury and/or legal consequences due to installation of this product.

Off-road and performance exhaust systems generally do not have the necessary port for connection of the SAIS/AIP system - for these systems, the SAIS/AIP Bypass Module is a must to prevent your engine from going into 'limp' mode.

Will the SAIS/AIP Secondary Air Induction System Bypass Module and Block-off-Plates work on my truck/SUV?

4.7 Liter V-8 Engines:

2004 thru 2012 Toyota Tundra
2004 thru 2012 Toyota 4-Runner
2004 thru 2012 Toyota Land Cruiser
2004 thru 2012 Toyota Sequoia
2004 thru 2012 Lexus GX470 and LX470
5.7Liter V-8 Engines:
2007 thru 2012 Toyota Tundra
2007 thru 2012 Toyota 4-Runner
2007 thru 2012 Toyota Land Cruiser
2007 thru 2012 Toyota Sequoia
2007 thru 2012 Lexus GX570 and LX570

What codes will the SAIS/AIP Bypass Module Kit bypass?
ADDRESSES THE FOLLOWING CEL (Check Engine Light) CODES:

P1441 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve No 2 Stuck Open Bank 1

4.7>http://www.ebay.com/itm/151499497332?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
5.7->http://www.ebay.com/itm/151681454665?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Last edited:

TacoKid

I have a 2012 Tacoma 4.0L with 42k miles that has the SAIS problem. Throwing P2440 code.
The dealer charged me $110 to diagnose and said they want to replace the valve assembly unit for a cost of just under $1,000.
I have removed both SAIS valves and cleaned them but the problem is apparent that the rubber grommet in the valve disk is deteriorated.
Currently I am driving around with a scan tool constantly connected and clearing the code when I need to accelerate, it reoccurs withing seconds but briefly get's me out of limp mode.
Is this bypass kit available or work on the 4.0 L engine?

Tmr170

I have a 2012 Tacoma 4.0L with 42k miles that has the SAIS problem. Throwing P2440 code.
The dealer charged me $110 to diagnose and said they want to replace the valve assembly unit for a cost of just under $1,000.
I have removed both SAIS valves and cleaned them but the problem is apparent that the rubber grommet in the valve disk is deteriorated.
Currently I am driving around with a scan tool constantly connected and clearing the code when I need to accelerate, it reoccurs withing seconds but briefly get's me out of limp mode.
We don't currently offer a Bypass kit for the 4.0L, because we never tested our module on a 4.0L but If would be interested in testing our Bypass module on your 4.0L, I think we could work something out!

Tmr170

Sorry we do not have a module for the 4.0L engine, if we do some testing possibly in the future we might!

lexus man

Did you try it? It works?
I have the same engine 4.6 i force but the mudules (plug and play) said 4.7 and 5.7 engines. As I read the the modules are the same but the plates are difference. Thanks in advance!
(95 lexus) under no circumstances should you try and remove the nuts (where backing plates go) without utilizing a specialty socket that tightens down as you turn. i dont care how careful you are or what box end wrench or socket you use....its likely to round off nuts. turned my 15 minute job into a 3 day affair! the tundra location is different and may be easier to get to but its a bear on the lexus

Related Content You Might Like: