• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Looking at buying a Toyota Highlander

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Looking at dumping my minivan early in the new year and a late model Toyota Highlander, mostly looking at AWD models with low miles and a lot of features.

Also considering getting a 4Runner, 4WD of course, but the lack of a 3rd row seat really is a major negative for a family 5 who may have to take a grandparent or a kid's along from time to time.

Advice from other highlander / 4Runner owners on what to look for?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
The 5000# towing figure is decent, wish I that it was closer to 6000# though. That limits what I can tow with it, someday I'll be looking at a fully loaded Tundra or similar heavy tow rig to pull a full sized (non-lite) trailer, but until then looking at staying smaller.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow, these vehicles REALLY hold their value. At the price they want for a 1yo model with 15000 miles a can almost get a new highlander from my local toyota dealer.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
The sequoia is crazy in resale value, but it opens up more towing options with ratings up to 7400 lbs. New units top $60k on a regular basis, sorry too much for me.

7,000 to 7,400 lbs - 2015 Toyota Sequoia, Towing capacity.

Related Content You Might Like: