• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Rebuild update

Lots happening on the rebuild...1.My block was returned to me with new parts ready to start rebuild (Honest Performance)...rebored +.030 new pistons and complete gasket kit..I will start that after I rebuild my front and rear aXsle and wheel assemblies.
also Transmision was returned to me after its rebuild (AAMCO).
Yesterday I sent cab and all panels to auto body (Precision Auto Body) for prep and custom paint should take a month,
I droped the frame off for stripping and Powder coating (J&D Powder coating) also left the bed there for sand blasting... about 2 weeks to a month for that to be done.

Attachments

Lots happening on the rebuild...1.My block was returned to me with new parts ready to start rebuild (Honest Performance)...rebored +.030 new pistons and complete gasket kit..I will start that after I rebuild my front and rear aXsle and wheel assemblies.
also Transmision was returned to me after its rebuild (AAMCO).
Yesterday I sent cab and all panels to auto body (Precision Auto Body) for prep and custom paint should take a month,
I droped the frame off for stripping and Powder coating (J&D Powder coating) also left the bed there for sand blasting... about 2 weeks to a month for that to be done.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
wow, that's a real ... "frame off" ... restoration project, isn't it? lol.

BlisterInTheSun

BEAUTIFUL! So glad to see it done right and to the Tee! Got to keep posting updates man. I'm sure that build is getting pricey but so so so worth it

When all said and done this truck may cost me more than what I would have paid for it new in 84' but yes It will be more beautiful and twice as comfortable... My only concern is getting the dash venting and other items on the cab side of fire wall installed spot on...I cannot find any good drawings or breakdowns of the dash and cab items.

Front and rear axle broken down and cleaned up... I will be using POR-15 on them and knuckles after I rebuild them next week...anyone got a problem with that...er rather anyone have any reason why I would not want to use POR-15, for these undr body items?

BlisterInTheSun

Por-15 is amazing product. Won't stick to anything painted. For anything on the underside that has some rust on it I'd use Herculiner but that's just me. Just remember it's all about the prep! But you know this:) keep it up man!

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Front and rear axle broken down and cleaned up... I will be using POR-15 on them and knuckles after I rebuild them next week...anyone got a problem with that...er rather anyone have any reason why I would not want to use POR-15, for these undr body items?
I found por15 to be over rated. I tried it years ago on the tailgate of my 95 4runner. It failed, glad I only bought their smallest tin. I use quality epoxy primer for my whole vehicle including frames, diffs etc. Epoxy primer stands up very good, resistant to gasoline. UTECH tm is what I normally use. I have used Eastwood tm epoxy primer. Its ok but I would top coat it. Can't say enough good about UTECH. POR15 is resistant to lacquer thinner so forget about trying to spray the stuff on,,your spraygun may end up in the parts bin...indefinitely. I like what you are doing!

So the rebuild is still ongoing. I just installed fuel tank fuel lines along body as well as brake lines along the body. New Front leaf springs and axle housing....Currently working on installing the KNUCKLES....however I need a knuckle alignment tool because Iv replaced the bearings and race. Does anyone know where I can rent one its TOYOTA SST-09634-60013...I cant find online except places that are out of stock...also I don't want to spend 150-400.00 for a one time use.....Anyone got one you can rent to me?

SST is not available ANYWHERE>>>>>so got advice on installing Knuckles without the SST. I will be adding picks this week to show the progress...Tranny is rebuilt and installed on frame, front end suspension and steering is installed, now installing drivelines and rear axle and suspension....Cab is about ready to be picked up from paint shop, so I better get the engine rebuilt and installed to the frame in order to put the "new cab" on. Its beginning to look like a truck again

Related Content You Might Like: