• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

missfire #5

hey everyone . i got the truck running since last post it lost the tinsioner for the timing belt right off of the oil pump housing . now ive got a new tenssioner in and timing is correct unless i wasnt fully at TDC. i do know for sure all my marks lined up on belt and engine. after finishing up and running the engine things seemed fine drove around the yard for a bit and then left it running for 10 min utes or so while cleaning the garrage up . smelled of sulfur figured it could be where it sat or the gas that was in it .i then drove to town and put in 10 gal of super and brought it back home . within the mile i got 8 codes with 2 dubbled in pending
P0305 pd/fault missfire cyl5
p0171 pd/fault lean bank 1
p0100 mass/volume air flow circuit
p0110 air intake temp circuit
p1305 igniter #2
p1315 igniter#4
p1325 igniter#6
p1340 igniter#8
without clearing the codes i drove it around about five miles this morning got 2 more codes
P0300 random multiple cylinder missfire
p0302 cylinder 2 misfire
then i cleared codes to get another look drove a few miles and i only got a misfire on cylinder 5

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I don't know if this is any help but I had trouble with #5 on my '95 3.0.. The spark plug would fail. Happened twice on $5 in 4 years. On one occasion while installing a plug in that same truck I bent tang on plug unknowingly causing it to misfire. Not real easy to check a plug on some of these engines. Good thing its not a ford... my friend just paid $700 to have the plugs changed on his '05 ford...good reason to never buy one of those things IMO..

So I had time this morning and started with coil testing and that's all it was previous owner had one in a bag with air filter and wiper blades .I got out of that one easy

Related Content You Might Like: