• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Friends with 2014 Honda Odyssey van having brake issues at 32k miles

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
According to jd powers, the 2014 Odyssey is a turkey with loads of design and performance issues.

We've got a friend with a seemingly new and totally loaded 2014 EX-L van that's already had to get new brake pads, rotors turned a lot and front tires at 32k miles.

I guess I could see maybe the tires going out, but brakes going out that early and needing to get turned already? This is driven by a sweet Sunday school type of lady, not really hot rodded around.

Anyhow, just goes to show you that any manufacturer can put out junk. The new 2014 town & country is getting rave reviews.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Plus the wife said that "Fred" is the service advisor at Huggins Honda and he was a jerk. Treated her like she didn't know anything, takes down to her, etc. I wasn't there, just reporting what I hear.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Last service advisor i talked to was a jerk. I had my toyota in for a safety inspection and he told me the cost would be $5k to $7k. Due to having recent surgery i was not doing the service myself. I spoke to the service advisors mechanic and told him to nail down a firm quote.. $1400.00 parts, labor and taxes included. That service advisor seems to think that the length of the list of things requiring attention represented a certain dollar value. Pretended to be an expert in the mechanical field! That was a few years ago,,the service advisor guy is now working elsewhere wearing a blue vest and stocking shelves. Guess the shop figured he was not helping attract business with his method of determining repair costs. Usually service advisors I have met over the years have a pretty good mechanical background and don't scare off business.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Honda contacted me through twitter, but our friends don't want to push the issue at this point to see if their pads should be covered or not.

Related Content You Might Like: