• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What's the Toyota T100 like?

Brad

100 Posts
You've probably realized I'm looking around for a new truck and I came across the T100. It looks pretty good, but I want to know what you think of it.

Is it reliable? What's it like to go off-road?

Chase

Don't think it'd be a good idea to buy a truck which is discontinued. You might have problems with it in the future. I don't have a lot of information about the truck itself but the fact that it's old puts me off.

Omar Solis

They are very reliable but I would look for a later model with either the 96-98 2.7 or the 3.4 try to stay away from the 3vze 3.0 time bomb. I have a 1993 t100 with a 3.0 and even though she is running real strong 242k miles I think I may have got lucky because I always hear they have rod knock issue and head gasket problems hasn't happened to me tho

carsmikew

any t100 95-98 with 3.4L or 2.7L very reliable, pretty easy to work on, and very easy obtainable parts....

ncpapaul

You've probably realized I'm looking around for a new truck and I came across the T100. It looks pretty good, but I want to know what you think of it.

Is it reliable? What's it like to go off-road?
I have had a 1995 T100 3.4L automatic 4x2 extcab since 2002. It had 90,000 miles on it when i bought it for $5000 with a very light hit on the front. I bought a repro grill & lights & misc trim on ebay and have just rolled over 300,000 hard working miles. I tow tractors and equipment and wood and all sorts of stuff. I also drive it daily to work. Just had a new timing belt, it had the original. Besides the high idle at cold start, the hard to retract seat belts, the starter clicker contacts and the broken plastic door handles it has been very good. No major repairs at all, brake pads, muffler, etc. stuff but nothing major. I love it and i'm trying to get 500,000 miles. It has a roar in the rear end like the outboard axle bearings but they are not leaking and i've heard worse so i'll keep going on them a while. Paul

hangun13

I have a 1997 with 145k miles, i bought it about 6 months ago, replaced timing belt just to know it was done. No issues other than the power windows stick half way when it is cold. Love the truck.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I have a 1997 with 145k miles, i bought it about 6 months ago, replaced timing belt just to know it was done. No issues other than the power windows stick half way when it is cold. Love the truck.
They stick like they won't roll down further or they actually get stuck and you have to push been up.

Related Content You Might Like: