• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

94 4x4 22re fuel mileage

ducksnuff870

I have a new to me 4x4 pickup with 22re and 5spd. The truck has 266,000 miles. I got the truck with 264,000 miles. Supposedly the engine was swapped and the current engine had a 130,000 miles when installed. So far I put in a timing set, rear main seal and exhaust donut gaskets. One of the donuts is still leaking and I have a tick. I havent had time to fix it.

I drive the truck 150 miles a day on the interstate. My gas mileage is 12.5-13.5mpg. I was expecting 18-20 mpg.The truck has 235/85/r16 (31.7") load range E mastercraft mud tires. Im wondering if this is the culprit. Also it has a homemade cab visor I can feel catching wind. Im unsure of the gear ratio. She seems to have a lack of power . I really have to hammer her to hit 75mph on the interstate. Any thoughts or input? Pic below .. I did not paint the skull on the hood and its gonna disappear one of these days..

6speedsd

Tires that big will drop it, as will that sail up top catching wind. As will what appears to be a big heavy tube bumper up front, and possibly a metal headache rack in the back?

Doesn't seem like much, but it all adds up quick, especially with the 4cyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I have a new to me 4x4 pickup with 22re and 5spd. The truck has 266,000 miles. I got the truck with 264,000 miles. Supposedly the engine was swapped and the current engine had a 130,000 miles when installed. So far I put in a timing set, rear main seal and exhaust donut gaskets. One of the donuts is still leaking and I have a tick. I havent had time to fix it.

I drive the truck 150 miles a day on the interstate. My gas mileage is 12.5-13.5mpg. I was expecting 18-20 mpg.The truck has 235/85/r16 (31.7") load range E mastercraft mud tires. Im wondering if this is the culprit. Also it has a homemade cab visor I can feel catching wind. Im unsure of the gear ratio. She seems to have a lack of power . I really have to hammer her to hit 75mph on the interstate. Any thoughts or input? Pic below .. I did not paint the skull on the hood and its gonna disappear one of these days..

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Likely your speed is sucking up the fuel,,,you would be running high rpm to maintain 75 mph. I know my truck with stock gears is 2500rpm @65mph

BuffaloBill

I have the same truck but it's a stock 1995 with 27,000 miles. It averages 22.5 mpg in the summer in 2WD suburban driving. Giant mud tires kill mileage don't worry about the bug deflector!

Related Content You Might Like: