• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Own non-toyota vehicles? 2010 Chrysler Town & Country ~ Holt Chrysler Arlington, Texas FAIL!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Had something go out on the internal hvac fan. Ugh, tired of problems. Sounded like something was hitting the fan motor blades, it got freed up though on its own.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Only toyotas for daily drivers.... although this '28 ford town car caught my eye the other day while in Minnesota.. owner says its a trouble free ford...yes the body is settled on a 89 toyota 4x4 chassis with 22RE
Wow, that's not something you see everyday.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm looking to sell this van, anyone interested please let me know. :) Haha, I know I beat up Holt on this but it's now got 14,000 miles on the new engine and it's running fine. Have 8k on the front tires and 250 miles on the rear. It does need brakes, but otherwise it's been a good solid van.

Plus there's still time left on the 5-year factory warranty, I might be able to pressure Chrysler to give some more time on that since Holt had it for 10 weeks.

TDave

100 Posts
What do you expect, it's Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/AMC/Plymouth/Mopar quality at its finest.

geezala

Good catch, I wouldn't even have seen that cracked bumper. But for god's sake, what's with the mud? Why didn't they try to clean that up?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Great, now I think the alternator is going out in this minivan. I had just replaced the idler pulley about 2 weeks ago to help quiet down some noises that I was hearing. Yes, the noises went away after I replaced both of those please. However, about a week after that my battery wouldn't hold a charge. The trickle charger didn't do anything. Being jumped from a live battery was the only way that it would start. Well long story short, I got that new battery everything is working fine. Until tonight I started hearing a loud whirring noise under the hood all of a sudden, and now my red battery indicator light has turned on on the dash. 95% certain that means the alternator has probably gone out as well. 92500 miles, so it's not a crying shame I just wish I would have done it when I already had the serpentine belt off changing the out the two pullers
1445039895627-735245996.jpg
last week.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Suddenly had that whine hit tonight. At 90k+ miles I figured it wad the alternator and I was right. Replaced it for $170+ and it's whisper quiet again like you would expect from an engine with only 25k miles on it.

Related Content You Might Like: