• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2011 - 2015 Tacoma 4x4 Recalls - Faulty Rear Suspension

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
291-1318363702-a302d4e4767a5dfd83b95fe4cd4c1002.jpg

"Toyota is recalling around 690,000 vehicles in the United States and another 100,000 others worldwide due to a problem with the vehicles' rear suspension system, which could cause fuel leaks and other accidents.

The recall involves Toyota Tacoma pickup trucks from model years 2011 to 2015 and affects both the four-wheel-drive Tacoma 4x4 and the two-wheel-drive Tacoma Pre-Runner. It does not involve the standard 4x2 pickup trucks.

In a press release issued on Sept. 29, Toyota says it is voluntarily calling back all affected Tacoma trucks to repair the rear suspension system, where Toyota says "stress and corrosion" could break one of the three or four leaf springs of the vehicle's rear suspension system. The vehicles can continue running with one of the metal leaves broken, but if the broken spring continues to come in contact with nearby components, such as the fuel tank, it could puncture the tank and cause a leak."

Here's the full article:

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...lled-in-us-to-fix-faulty-rear-suspensions.htm

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
That's a ton of trucks to recall! They're being ethical and very proactive about it, which is good news!

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Wow, recalling almost 700,000 trucks? That's got to be all of them that were built and sold in north america from 2011 until now. That's not going to be cheap at all.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
He problem I have with this recall is it shows how paranoid mfgrs have become and how this country has become anti manufacturing by not setting standards for age and degradation.
All vehicles with springs near the fuel tank are subject to issues like this, almost every truck ever mfgrd with leafsprings and a gas tank has this combination, add age and use and it increases odds.
Where does mfgr responsability end and personal responsability begin?
Mandated recalls are getting out of hand, next time you complain about the expense of a new vehicle keep this in mind, because it drives the price up.
Yes there does need to be standards, but I really believe weve crossed a line that places all responsability on mfgrs.

Hmmmmm .... My 1970 Land cruiser has the fuel tank under the passenger seat... INSIDE the cab. Well, it leaks very slightly at the threaded fitting... I should complain and maybe get Toyota to recall all FJ40's for this "hazard".

Jesse

Jarred

100 Posts
Should be something to look up to with other trucks or vehicles for the same issue. And that's a lot of trucks to service..

Windsor

So Toyota added '11 + trucks to the recall? I thought it was for '05-early '11. I personally do hope it gets passed down to the dealers, and they install the TSB springs with additional clips. I was deployed when the TSB passed on my truck, so my spring pack is the non TSB and are beyond inverted if I pull my AAL and airbags off. Unfortunately, I don't think they will and honestly I don't think they should have to. But I still hope. ;-)

I wish I could get Chrysler to recall the springs on my car. Those things dented the heck out of my fuel tank before I wrapped them with steel. But I guess 74 years is a bit excessive for a recall.

rickoshay45

Haven't gotten a notice for my 14 Prerunner yet. I got one for some kind of wheel and tire issue but it had to do with TRD wheels which I don't have.

Ellen

This is the reason why I love Toyota as they always been honest and whenever they found problems in their car, they informed to us and take back the car.

Hat's off!

DaniMolo

TTC Chicks
wow, calling back that many cars must have a massive job. must of set them back a mint. fair play to them for speaking out and doing it though

Related Content You Might Like: