• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Tundra Engine - Bad Gas Mileage, Improvements on the way?

Trevor41

Has anyone heard if Toyota will be making improvements with the v8 engine currently in the Tundra? Don't get me wrong, it is a great engine but a pig on gas. It seems that Toyota has been trailing behind the pack in that department.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
No improvements by Toyota that I have heard of. I just go easy on the gas when I can and make sure it's tuned properly. Also keep the tires properly inflated. If using E10 fuel like what we have in our area, make sure it is fresh and not sitting for more than few weeks.

Jarred

100 Posts
Never heard of newest improvement on V8 engine either, current is powerful already. Joe what's the difference with E10 fuel? I'm currently getting average 15mpg

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
.................. Joe what's the difference with E10 fuel? I'm currently getting average 15mpg
E10 contains ethanol and collects moisture as it sits. So if it sits for longer than a few weeks you run the risk of collecting water in the tank. Also with E10 you get about 2 mpg less as compared to conventional gas. I use E10 all the time in my area also. Just need to keep on top of it so to prevent problems down the road. What I do is keep tank topped off when you can and add a bottle of water remover/fuel treatment at each oil change. If you vehicle or small engine tools will be sitting for over a month add fuel stabilizer.

Related Content You Might Like: