• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

22RE EGR permanent removal

ARMTDAWG586064

Replacing the Engine and figure this would be a good time to remove and block off the EGR system. Being new to Toyota's I would like to hear from experience if this will effect the fuel economy or performance of ENG. I don't have to worry about emission inspection in this area so thinking this would be a good time to get rid of some the spaghetti under the hood.
Any input appreciated.

V/R

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Never really had a reason to delete the EGR.
Just my observations here:
This might upset the vacuum system some.
I'm sure a complete block off will cause pressure in the crank case, with vapors. Racers combat this by putting a filter directly on the valve cover, used to be popular on hotrods in the 70's too.
Crank case over pressure can/will force the oil dipstick out and might blow valve cover gaskets. (Ive seen the dipstick blow).

ARMTDAWG586064

Never really had a reason to delete the EGR.
Just my observations here:
This might upset the vacuum system some.
I'm sure a complete block off will cause pressure in the crank case, with vapors. Racers combat this by putting a filter directly on the valve cover, used to be popular on hotrods in the 70's too.
Crank case over pressure can/will force the oil dipstick out and might blow valve cover gaskets. (Ive seen the dipstick blow).
Thanks for input! Guess I'll just leave it as is during ENG replacement. Its all New anyway and don't need to be messing new ENG up from the get go. Not like I'm racing it anywhere soon.

Related Content You Might Like: