• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Hobbies other than cars/trucks.

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Lots, that I wish I had more time for. LOL!

DSLR photography, cooking, baking, reading, blogging, Pinterest, computer gaming, crochet... I'm probably forgetting something ;)

CoastieN70

I like to shoot. Mainly pistols and mostly .22's. I try to get out for "Ballistic Therapy" at least once a week on Saturday. The Club where I shoot has a cookout lunch on Saturdays and that just adds to the fun.
I don't do much "paper punching", I have wayyy more fun plinking bowling pins, steel poppers and various other things we can set up. Sort of instant gratification. It's the same with most of the members. We do have serious but friendly competition's from time to time there also. I like to compete in the occasional 100 yard .22 match with both rifle and pistol.
My favorite pistols are 2nd series Colt Woodsman 4" Sport model and 6 inch Match Target both circa 1949 (my Sport in deadly to 50 yards with a good rest and I can hit consistently with the Match Target at 100 yards ) and I have a couple of Ruger MKII's that are just as good as the Colts.

I have several .22 rifles but like my Kimber 82g that I bought through the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) a couple of years ago. I shoot it with iron sights at 50 yards and I have a scope setup for it for 100 yard shooting.

Anybody in or passing through the Savannah/Hilton Head area is welcome to come out to the range with me. Just PM me. :)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm getting into shooting again. My dad passed away and gave me his hunting rifles and .22lr pistol.

Otherwise I'm getting more into traveling lately.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I used to enjoy target practice with .22's a few years back.
We owned property in the GA. mountains, middle of no where, I had a nice dirt backstop for a range I dug out.
I still have a Savage SpringField semi auto tube feed .22, Winchester bolt action .22, Winchester over under .410/.22, Ruger 10/22 in stainless and Ruger 10/22 in blued steel, a Ruger Buckmark .22 semiauto pistol, a Colt cowboy wheel gun in .22, and an early model Colt Match model.
22's are very economical to shoot, even with present ammo prices and availability.

CoastieN70

I just got back from my weekly trek to the shooting club I belong too. Saturday is really a social day with a cookout and copious amounts of B/S slung around the picnic table. I'm surprised to see people on the firing line... :)

My invitation still stands for anyone passing through or visiting the Savannah/Hilton Head Area...

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
We might take a trip that way before too long, like this fall or next spring. I'll take you up on that.

Perackfez

I really like music. Literary arts are something I'm really into as well. Poetry - :rolleyes:

Other things are basketball, watching NBA. Oh, and definitely cooking, easily. I love making food, even if it's not that great.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I really like music. Literary arts are something I'm really into as well. Poetry - :rolleyes:

Other things are basketball, watching NBA. Oh, and definitely cooking, easily. I love making food, even if it's not that great.
That's interesting, what type of poetry?

Hobbies huh? Let's see, motorcycles: I have 6 (2 650 enduros / ADV bikes, 4 dirtbikes), surfing, skating; yeah, the kids at the skateparks look at me funny sometimes. I figure I will keep doing it for as long as I can because I know I wont be able to do it forever. Love .22 plinking. Wood working, camping / traveling with my teardrop trailer, haven't done much photography lately, but I miss it...... and now I know sailing will be another hobbie as I just took a class. There just are not enough hours in a day, days in a week.....

Jesse

rickoshay45

Motorcycles and shooting. Bikeless since I totaled the Eglide a while ago. That's how I ended up with the Taco. Might get another used bike in a while. Maybe a VTX1800.

Windsor

Not much for the last few years. But, since I had back surgery on Friday, I hope to get back into hiking and maybe some other outdoor stuff.
Guns are fun, I'm in the process of modifying my 91/30.

geezala

Vintage electronics. Specialty in computers, though.
(Currently have 9 computers in my room not including tablets, phones, etc).

I'm pretty much into anything vintage and electronic though. I love 60s-70s stuff.
Do you mean like old tub amps and the like? I have an old Sansui tub amplier/receiver that I'm trying to restore a bit.

I started out on IBM PC XT's, with one floppy disk, before there were any hard drives.

Related Content You Might Like: