• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How would a 1974 Toyota Land Cruiser handle a road trip

Miranda Kay

TTC Chicks
TO buy this type of Land Cruiser, I would imagine it would only be driven around town. Does anyone know how this year of a Land Cruiser might perform for a long trip that involved some moderate hills?

I drove a 1970 FJ40 as a daily driver through college, and up to 2005.... 15 years. Then i bought a new Tacoma in 2005.... I would never go back to the Landcruiser as a daily driver, short road trips? Sure. Long road trips? It would be tough. It is basically a tin can on wheels, a very stout, reliable and capable tin can. It was loud and had stiff suspension; I could feel a cigarette butt when I drove over one.....

Jesse

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
The gas ones are not very fuel efficient. The diesels command big bucks. They are a great solid vehicle. Excellent off road. I don't think they ride any worse than my avatar. I have a relative who's a toyota junkie...hoards fj parts, usually has one on the road,,,flew to BC to pick one up and drive it back to southern ontario...i think they get into your blood. He's coming up here in a couple weeks so no doubt he will want to take a look at this one although he usually only horse trades the diesels.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...bo/1002917036?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
It's more fun if you have a loud stereo to drown out the road noise. And an air mattress for your rear end.

Related Content You Might Like: