• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What is the best wax to use on Toyota Trucks?

TM13TM

TTC Chicks
My family grew up using Turtle Wax and I was wondering what you feel is the best wax to use on the Toyota trucks?

What type of wax should I use and why do you feel this way? Love to hear your thoughts!

BR789

There are several options for top of the line waxes. If you find something with carnauba wax, I think this is one of the best things you can use personally.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
All manufacturers today use a very high gloss multi-application clear coat cover the paint on the vehicle.

Cleat Coat is a paint!
I know it's weird to talk about clear coat as a paint, but that's how the professional painting world talks about it. It's a final level (or levels) of paint chemicals that are applied over the colored paint.

Waxes, Paint Sealers, Glazes
Keeping that in mind. Most of the waxes, paint sealers and glazes that have been out on the market for the last 15-20 years have reformulated their products to account for that, and many will actually provide benefits of helping to keep your clear coat looking good.

The good news is that if you get scratches (or the horrible-looking swirl marks) in your clear coat, you can buff them out!

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Turtle Wax left white streaks on the black plastic trim on my old car.

I'm really happy with Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. I picked mine up as part of a kit from my local auto parts store. It came with a good quality applicator pad and a nice, big, lint-free microfiber towel. It goes on very evenly, and wipes off like a breeze. No white residue or streaking, and it's safe for Clear Coat (which I have). I did find that even with as big as the included towel was, it's no match for the massive 4Runner. LOL! Do yourself a favor and pick up an extra pack of microfiber towels from Home Depot. They sell them dirt cheap there.

dervdave

Many many sealants but present favourites are Gtechniq C2v3 and CarPro Reload, Gyeon Cure although they are not sealants in the strictest sense of the word, the are very easy to use and give excellent results.
Others include Nanolex, OptiSeal and the old favourite Fk1000

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: