• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Heated Seat & Remote Start?

royhilton

I have a 2004 Highlander, and was wondering if there is any way that I can have the heated seats work when I use the remote starter. I think that a person has to sit in the seat to activate the heated seat.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Umm. That should be something that can be done. Honestly i've nevertried it in a Highlander with rs.

Try leaving it the heated seats turned on and then shut the engine off ... wait a minute and turn it on with the remote.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

royhilton

No I did not solve this problem. I think that there must be a sensor on the seat. I checked the wiring diagram, but did not see a sensor in the wiring. Any help?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Not sure. I can turn the heated seat on for the wife and is nice and toasty when she's comes out to sit. But let me check in a more official capacity

Brad

100 Posts
I know it's a bit late, but were you able to do so in a more official capacity or not? I just want to know a lot about each vehicle.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
We really just need to get someone to test it out and see if it can be done and then report back on this.

royhilton

I think that the heated seats are working. I think that because the seats are leather. they feel cold. I turned on just the drivers seat, and it was a lot warmer than the passenger seat. They sure don't burn your butt, like my friends Jeep.

Related Content You Might Like: