• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2015 Toyota Tacoma Redesign?

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
What's everyone think the chance of the Tacoma being redesigned for 2015 are? There are a lot of expectations for sure around the world for what a 2015 (or 2016?) Tacoma those would look like, but has anything been set in stone as to what's being developed?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Im looking for a 2016 redesign.
I became disinterested when I was told a diesel powerplant wasnt being seriously contemplated.

Ive owned 1 Surf diesel and 2 Hilux diesels, I know Toyota has the design tech, parts, and ability, so why not an American version diesel.
Truthfully it pisses me off every time I think about it.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
Sales in the usa have been lower for diesel than I would have thought. Prob hedging their bets that diesel prices will continue to stay above gasoline.

Trevor41

I have mixed feelings on a diesel. Yes, fuel ratings would be better but the extra purchase and maintenance costs would be the downfall. Here in Canada, we pay about double for everything compared to the United States so sales of a diesel Tacoma would probably be low.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
It looks like the gap between gasoline and diesel just suddenly closed in the last month. What's up with that?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Yea kinda brutal.
That was the standard comment when complaining about something you ran across before.

Xmsteel

Im looking for a 2016 redesign.
I became disinterested when I was told a diesel powerplant wasnt being seriously contemplated.

Ive owned 1 Surf diesel and 2 Hilux diesels, I know Toyota has the design tech, parts, and ability, so why not an American version diesel.
Truthfully it pisses me off every time I think about it.
I think that is where Nissan will take lead, honestly. A nissan pickup with a Cummins diesel? Sounds like a win-win to me.
I'm surprised no one else jumped on that.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Nissan has stepped up its game a ton I think in the last decade. However the largest advancements have been from hyundai and kia ... Watch out if they enter the midsized truck market en force.

Xmsteel

Nissan has stepped up its game a ton I think in the last decade. However the largest advancements have been from hyundai and kia ... Watch out if they enter the midsized truck market en force.
Bleh, Kia/Hyundai makes me cringe. Their vehicles were (in the mid to early 2000s anyway) the least safe cars available in that year frame.
Their new vehicles might be better but anything from 2012 and older is trash IMHO.

A turbo diesel would be awesome.... Look at BMW, their turbo diesels are quiet and perform as well as a gasoline engine, with better mileage. The problem is that Toyota caters to what they "think" the US market wants. I personally would love to see a modern version of the FJ45 Land Cruiser pick-up truck, but not like the current FJ.... retain some functionality AND off-road ability and view (huge difference in the view over the hood on my 1970 FJ40 Vs. my 2012 Tacoma), maybe actual levers for the transfer case (how I wish I could select 2-Lo).
Oh the wish list could go on.....

Jesse

Related Content You Might Like: