• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Carpet Cleaning Question! What's the best way clean Toyota carpets?

TM13TM

TTC Chicks
What is the best way to clean the carpets in the Toyota? Can you have them steam cleaned or is this not good to do?

BR789

Probably the best thing is to keep your carpets protected with car mats from the very beginning. If you have to use something to clean the carpets, a good carpet cleaner is good to use like what you would use in the home.

TM13TM

TTC Chicks
I actually wondered that but was not sure. I will give it a try. Always like to keep things nice and neat. The carpets can get so dirty when tracking in salt and sand from taking care of the highways in the wintertime.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
DEPENDS ON THE STAIN! lol

I have a multi-step method to clean carpet in my vehicles. I actually can't remember a stain that it didn't work on. Granted, nothing is better than a good set of floor mats, and quickly getting stains up.
  1. I just wipe down with a wet cloth. If not clean then ...
  2. I wipe it down with a warm wet cloth with a small amount of mild soap on it. If not clean then ...
  3. I break out something that I know if color safe like Simple Green and let it soak. If not clean then ...
  4. I break out my home carpet cleaner with a detachment canister. This usually works like a champ.

It's called the Bissell Lift-Off and the canister breaks-away so you can carry it to the garage and plug it in and then have an actual steam cleaner out there.
    41Bfi-VDW0L._SY300_.jpg

If not clean after all of this then ...

5. I get some of the harsh chemical sprays out. These are kept locked up in my wall-mounted chemical cabinet in my garage along with bug killer, paint thinner, etc. I've never failed to get a stain out with this stuff, but it can be very harsh on the carpet, including weakening the fibers and discoloring in some situations.

I'll start with Resolve.
    300_111950.jpg

Then work to harder stuff like this ...
    petsav-carpet-stain-remover.jpg

And my final product ... actually can't remember what it is (I have some in the garage and I'll post it to this same post later today when I go have a look). It's so strong that I have to wait about 4 hours with the windows down before you can get in with the windows up because the smell is so strong.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
thanks, I added that in a few months ago fron a lot of personal experience.

Having kids means the occasional spill or whatever will dirty up the carpet in your car pretty fast. That steam cleaner really that's helped out a lot, it's really been a great tool.

TDave

100 Posts
Probably the best thing is to keep your carpets protected with car mats from the very beginning
My rule of them is that if I'm buying new, or near new, I throw the mats in the truck and buy new ones, or have the dealership throw in some new ones. That way, if/when, I sell it, I can put the original mats in, and they can really make a ride look better.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
Not a bad idea, mats and protection up front is a lot cheaper and easier than replacing carpet down the road.

Related Content You Might Like: