• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Camping Favorite Place to Camp

SharkRider

100 Posts
Arches National Park, Utah is another of my favorites. There you will find natural sandstone arches and a plethora of wildlife including the peregrine falcon and technicolored lizards.

Samtucky

100 Posts
Dale Hollow Lake State Resort Park is a favorite of mine. The park has two golf courses which are a lot of fun. A swimming pool, game room, playgrounds and multi-use trails are also onsite. I'd recommend the 8.3 mile Boom Ridge Trail. Nightly rates start at $22 per site.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My favorite camping spot is Huysink lake in the Sierra's.
When I first started visiting in the early 70's their was a rough fire road that passed about 5 miles from the lakes northern shore, in the 90's the fire road was closed and now that its over grown its a rough 25 mile hike on foot up and down a couple mountains.
Makes for a great secluded camping spot, I've spent full weeks up there never seeing other hikers.
When all society falls thats probably the place Ill run to.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Have to go with the Olympic mountains or anywhere in Western Washington in the Cascades.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
My favorite camping spot is Huysink lake in the Sierra's.
When I first started visiting in the early 70's their was a rough fire road that passed about 5 miles from the lakes northern shore, in the 90's the fire road was closed and now that its over grown its a rough 25 mile hike on foot up and down a couple mountains.
Makes for a great secluded camping spot, I've spent full weeks up there never seeing other hikers.
When all society falls thats probably the place Ill run to.
That looks awesome.

James

100 Posts
Huysink lake in the Sierra's looks amazing. I will have to add it to my places to visit list.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
You mentioned it and ive always wanted to go camping there so I just searched around a few different sites.

James

100 Posts
toyotafan, so are you now planning a trip to Huysink Lake? How is the cell connection there?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Last time I was there (2007) there was no cell connection.
I was on Involuntary Active Duty Recall at that time and brought a Navy issued Sat phone.
My command required me to because a few days before camping at Huysink we participated in the annual Toyota Jamboree crossing the Rubicon trail.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Last time I was there (2007) there was no cell connection.
I was on Involuntary Active Duty Recall at that time and brought a Navy issued Sat phone.
My command required me to because a few days before camping at Huysink we participated in the annual Toyota Jamboree crossing the Rubicon trail.
That's awesome. I need to go someplace where no one can find me.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
the camp is located in Northern Ontario,,and the water's higher yet, I call it God's country 'cause nobody else wanted it,,,,on the Montreal River

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
the camp is located in Northern Ontario,,and the water's higher yet, I call it God's country 'cause nobody else wanted it,,,,on the Montreal River

I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and lived in bitter cold and snowy Spokane Washington for years. Only sometimes do I miss it. Like mid spring, summer and early fall.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Oooh, oooh ... I love camping up in the Cascades, and only been to the Olympics a few times. One of the best places to go camping, in my opinion is in the middle of the state near Chelan, that's an area that's been pretty well developed over the last decade or two but there are all sorts of places to go camping just five or ten minutes outside of town and you're like you're in a wilderness.

Related Content You Might Like: