• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2007 Limited Seqouia aftermarket navigation

TOY2007

1. TOY2007New Member
    Credit:

5,237pts
    I have a 2007 Limited Seqouia . My Seqouia has factory navigation but I'm looking to put an aftermarket navigation with Bluetooth and iPod connection. If i do this will my rear factory DVD player and steering wheel controls still work? Also my two front door factory door speakers are blown can any body tell what size they are if I decide not to replace with factory speaker. This is suppose to be the 10 speaker JBL system also trying to figure out if it has a factory amp and sub. If it does where would it be?
    TOY2007, A moment agoEditDeleteReport
    #4Reply

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
There are some aftermarket units that can plug in and use the steering wheel controls but it would have to say that I the description. I think you can get a stereo head unit conversion kit as week that will tell you what all of the wires coming into the unit do and where they go.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Cut and paste job looks like ... That's OK.

Yes. I've seen these types of kits. You can very likely find a unit that will allow you to use your steering wheel controls.

What brand are you looking at? How powerful?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
That's an awesome unit. Trying to research to see if it's got steering wheel control plugins.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Their website says that with an adapter it should be able to take the steering wheel controls.

Product Overview
www.apple.com/ios/carplay

Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.

Coming soon: iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
If your vehicle comes with factory add-ons like Ford SYNC®, GM OnStar®, or Chrysler Uconnect™, you don't have to worry about losing your favorite conveniences to get navigation and better sound — the AVIC-5000NEX offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included).

For Ford SYNC systems, you'll be able to retain voice-controlled features, steering wheel audio controls, and factory audio functions. For GM vehicles, you'll keep your steering wheel audio controls, your factory amp, safety warning chimes, and OnStar, if present, while Chrysler owners will get to keep all their Uconnect functionality.

iDataLink Maestro note: A firmware update from Pioneer (available summer 2014) will be required to utilize iDataLink features.

iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.

Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.

Related Content You Might Like: