• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Pickups Have Best Retained Value

James

100 Posts
Recent reports show that the Tacoma had the highest retained value score. The second best was the Honda Ridgeline with a score of 65.1 percent. The Tundra scored 71.6 percent.

The fact that the Toyota Tacoma maintains its value is something owners should love.

Last edited by a moderator:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Oh. I stand corrected ...

Both the Tacoma and the Hilux were updated in 2005. The Tacoma was based on the new4Runner chassis, while the Hilux rides on a refreshed version of the ladder frame found on previous versions. The new Hilux has increased in size and is now classified as a mid-size pick up. The Tacoma had a new 4.0 L V6 engine that produces 176 kW (236 hp) and 361 N·m (266 lb·ft) of torque. Its design was very similar to the 4Runner.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Other than a slight appearance similarity Hilux and Tacoma have never really been the same under the skin.
I suspect safety and ride comfort have a lot to do with the differences.
Ive owned a few of each model and can verify the Hilux rides rougher and can take a little more abuse. While the Tacoma rides softer and handles paved roads better. More creature comforts available on earlier Tacoma trucks too.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
To my defense, I've not really see any hilux pickups except for top gear trying to destroy one. :eek:

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Steve you need to take a trip somewhere out of the U.S. for a real Hilux test drive.

Related Content You Might Like: