• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How to: Make your own electric fan conversion.

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
This conversion is fairly simple, and real cheap if you have the time to do it yourself. I use an electric fan from the 96 Ford Thunderbird. A Taurus of the same year would probably work as well. I temporarily installed a 50A toggle switch directly to the battery about 3 years ago and have just left it. Matter of fact, according to my scan gauge, I pretty much never have to use the fan in the winter. I can get just about anywhere with it off.

When off roading I just turn it on and leave it on all the time just to be safe. In summer around town I just leave it on until I get on the freeway. Here's a few pictures:

Here's the aluminum shroud that I cut out. I use 1/8" sheet aluminum. All you have to do is remove your stock shroud and trace it onto the aluminum. I always use a scotchbrite scouring pad and WD40 to scour the entire shroud to hide scratches and dull the finish.

Then it's as simple as bolting the shroud onto the radiator. With the shroud on the radiator just hold the fan up to ensure it doesn't interfere with the water pump pulley or anything else. Mark and drill holes, then bolt the fan onto the shroud.

Here's the side facing the engine.

Another angle.

Sorry I don't have any shots of it installed on the vehicle. If interested post up and I'll snap some shots.

If anybody is interested in this electric fan conversion but doesn't have the time or tools to produce it themselves I can make one for them. Please check out my website above. Not all products are listed, don't see what you need email or call and I'd be happy to get you the best price anywhere!

danstpierre

100 Posts
Problem is, I don't have the time and tools to do this. It looked simple, but I think, it really needs a talented, and experienced hand to do this electric fan conversion.

antonino

100 Posts
For sure, this "simple job" requires an experienced hand. Craftsmanship is one thing that must be learned from experience.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Amazing post, but this will require you tools to complete the conversion I rather go to tinsmith for the works then show him the picture hehe

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: