• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Happy 4th of July ~ Time to grill!

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Didnt fix the gas I see.
I burned a few burgers for the wife and I over charcoal and wood chips.
We've been eating smoked and grilled meat all week, I was off for the week 2 weeks ago and I put 3 brisquits, 6 sausage, 3 chickens, 2 pork rolls, and some other assorted meats in the smoker with a couple beers for a day long sauna session. Basically all the meat in the freezer got smoked then went back in the freezer.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah. Really makes me nervous to try to repair that gas line in the grill. Food ended up tasting great though with the charcoal + wood mixture.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I personally prefer charcoal/wood grills over gas, just seems to taste better.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, that's been well known and there have been studies that show that people like that ... most of the big steakhouses in the country use gas just because it gives an even heat, but the downside is that they lack the flavor, so food indredient companies have smoke flavoring where they distill the "taste" of wood smoke out into a liquid that can be put into a marinade. It's harmless, but that what they do so they don't have to have fires in their kitchens.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I see you buy wood chunks in a bag?? I have seen those but many pallets are hardwood also and can be had for free. We roast on open pit but if short of time I will toss a few small pieces of hardwood on gas grill ,,does a good job of infusing flavour into flesh. This pic we are roasting red peppers for picklin'.

Attachments

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Just make certain that you don't burn any treated wood. Can be toxic.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Dusted off my smoker/grill show weekend, I'm gonna smoke a brisquit, chicken, sausage, ribs, and venison for mothers day and to fill the freezer.
I've got a few lbs of moose I might try smoking and turning into jerky.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Had to get another grill cover - wind kinda wore out the origional one. Went ahead and picked up a extra cylinder - it's filled and ready. Bring on the summer grilling!! :)

carton33

Time really flies by :( pretty sad when you think about it. Although I can't wait for this year's 4th of July! :)

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Well I'm on call this weekend. Maybe I won't get called, but if I do, hey more money is always good too. Happy Memorial day everyone.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If all goes as planned, I will be off for Sat Sun & Mon. Will have to come up with some ideas on what to put on the grill. Everyone have a good one.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off for Memorial day, planning on taking my granddaughter on a 2day kayaking trip down the Brazos river.
Getting ready for July when we're gonna take a 6 day trip down a river in Montana.

Related Content You Might Like: