• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2007 Highlander Low Beams Do Not Work But High Beams Do Work, Wtf?!?!

nexium7

Doesn't look like I may get a response since theres not many visitors to this section of the forum site but here it goes (sorry for the pessimism)....

It worked as of last night, tonight my mother turned the headlights on and nothing happened, tried the high beams and they work fine. I have a couple questions, thank you! (btw, I looked for an answer and fix and found dozens but none seemed to have fixed it).

What could have caused this?

Could both bulbs have burned out at the same time?

Where is the fuse and what is the fuse location for the low beams?

Could it be the headlight dimmer switch that costs a bazillon dollars? ($114 lol :p)

Thank you in advance for any and all help!! :D

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
first question, Yes both bulbs can burn at the same time, but that is very rare
second question I'm not sure where the fuse is, but this info is in your owners manual. If you don't have that any more, You can look for access panel on the dash. The back of this panel should be labeled. There is also another location under the hood, and like the other fuse panel, the under side of this should be labeled as well.
question three could the dimmer switch cause this, yes, but most of the time this is not the case
Here is how to figure out what is what
why aren't the high beams getting power?
five things supply the bulb with power. the power source ( the battery) we know this is good
second the fuse, this needs to be checked
the relay, this is the second thing to check
the switch (unlikely)
the supply wires (also unlikely)
The best way to check all of this is with a test light. If you don't have one, you can buy one for maybe $10 @ most auto parts stores.
Here is a good video on how to use a test light, just click the link

nexium7

first question, Yes both bulbs can burn at the same time, but that is very rare
second question I'm not sure where the fuse is, but this info is in your owners manual. If you don't have that any more, You can look for access panel on the dash. The back of this panel should be labeled. There is also another location under the hood, and like the other fuse panel, the under side of this should be labeled as well.
question three could the dimmer switch cause this, yes, but most of the time this is not the case
Here is how to figure out what is what
why aren't the high beams getting power?
five things supply the bulb with power. the power source ( the battery) we know this is good
second the fuse, this needs to be checked
the relay, this is the second thing to check
the switch (unlikely)
the supply wires (also unlikely)
The best way to check all of this is with a test light. If you don't have one, you can buy one for maybe $10 @ most auto parts stores.
Here is a good video on how to use a test light, just click the link

Woah, I take back what I said about not possibly getting help! Holy crap you are awesome! Thank you, I didn't even think of a relay or a test light. Duhhh....lol :p. Thank you again! I will get right on this!

nexium7

Unfortunately, no. I didn't buy a test light yet but I took a meter and didn't see power coming out of the connector ends.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
It doesn't have to be a test light, a multimeter is even better. Find and pull the relay, and check for power there after you check the fuse.

Related Content You Might Like: