• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota T100 Build Thread

Lon Ross

I bought this 22 year old T100 as a beater, and then fell in love with it and decided to fix it up instead of beating it to death LOL. So I am doing a build thread for any interested in what I am doing. So far, the paint was OEM but faded, so I buffed it out with 3M compound and it looks great, especially for 22 year old black paint. I have painter the wheels and added some trim, pinstripes and TRD stuff (I know it is not a TRD, but I don't care, do you know there are more Z28 Camaro's on the roar the Chevy ever made LOL. I have bought and will install the hood scoops in the pictures after I paint the hood (damaged paint from bug guard collecting leaves and crap over time) Any way, here are some pictures of where I am so far, thanks, Lon

T100 010.JPG

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Love those tires. Where did you get them, what size are they, and how much are they? Rims look good also

Last edited:

Lon Ross

The tires were on the truck when I bought it, I just painted the white letters with a special paint just for that job. I painted the old wheels and striped them, then add the TRD stickers I got on ebay for about a buck, from China. Same with the new center caps and red lug nuts, ebay. I am on a budget LOL, so as nice as I can do cheap is my style.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Looks great! I really like that exact T100 - sporty but still a real truck. You did good on that find.

Lon Ross

Looks great! I really like that exact T100 - sporty but still a real truck. You did good on that find.
Thanks Joe! I was looking for a old smaller Toyota R22 for good gas mileage and last forever. But when I found this T100 with 100K and nice condition for 29 hundred bucks, I jumped on it, and they claim I should get 24 MPG with the 2.7. It was so nicely kept by the 80 year old guy that had it, I just cant beat it up, must fix up instead LOL, thanks, Lon

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
The tires were on the truck when I bought it, I just painted the white letters with a special paint just for that job. I painted the old wheels and striped them, then add the TRD stickers I got on ebay for about a buck, from China. Same with the new center caps and red lug nuts, ebay. I am on a budget LOL, so as nice as I can do cheap is my style.
Love it. So where did you get the white tire paint, is it called tire paint? I love doing stuff on the cheap, but it has to look good. You did a grate job. They look very nice.

Lon Ross

You are welcome. If you do get some, they are paint pins that need shaken for a good min before use. Then press the tip down to release the paint on something other then your tire so you can get used to how fast it comes out! I tapped it on the tire lightly so as to not have paint run all over the tire. You will see what I mean when you test them. Good luck, and thanks for your kind remarks, Lon

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I bought this 22 year old T100 as a beater, and then fell in love with it and decided to fix it up instead of beating it to death LOL. So I am doing a build thread for any interested in what I am doing. So far, the paint was OEM but faded, so I buffed it out with 3M compound and it looks great, especially for 22 year old black paint. I have painter the wheels and added some trim, pinstripes and TRD stuff (I know it is not a TRD, but I don't care, do you know there are more Z28 Camaro's on the roar the Chevy ever made LOL. I have bought and will install the hood scoops in the pictures after I paint the hood (damaged paint from bug guard collecting leaves and crap over time) Any way, here are some pictures of where I am so far, thanks, Lon

View attachment 5443
Remember to keep us updated on the progress.

Lon Ross

t100 parts 003.JPG

Been moving slow on my build (100+ heat index here lately) I am adjusting my lifters this week and here are some of the parts I removed / refinished. The W pump, TRD oil fill cap, wires and cap and radiator cap are new, the rest I just refinished the stock parts.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Wow! That's going to look sharp when you finish. Looking forward to some more pictures as your work progresses.

Lon Ross

Wow! That's going to look sharp when you finish. Looking forward to some more pictures as your work progresses.
under hood t100 014.JPG

Thanks! Here is what I started with. 22 years of crud (LOL) I used to own a garage where I restored cars and cant stand a car or truck to look like this anywhere, even under the hood where most never see it, but I do. I have bought a new radiator, water pump, oil cap, radiator cap with temp gauge, spark plugs, wires and cap, battery, SS bolts and new gaskets. I bought a 250 dollar valve shim set and the tools to do the job. I have pressure washed the motor and everything else twice and will repaint where needed. It should look nothing like this picture when done and should run like new also.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
View attachment 5534

Thanks! Here is what I started with. 22 years of crud (LOL) I used to own a garage where I restored cars and cant stand a car or truck to look like this anywhere, even under the hood where most never see it, but I do. I have bought a new radiator, water pump, oil cap, radiator cap with temp gauge, spark plugs, wires and cap, battery, SS bolts and new gaskets. I bought a 250 dollar valve shim set and the tools to do the job. I have pressure washed the motor and everything else twice and will repaint where needed. It should look nothing like this picture when done and should run like new also.
Nice, I tend to be the same way on something I want to keep actually. Nice work.

Lon Ross

t100 motor now 004.JPG

Here is a picture after putting her back together. I checked all valve clearances and all are still in spec and the timing chain is tight and fine as well. I replaced the whole cooling system, radiator, water pump, hoses and clamps. New tune up parts and such. I had to pressure wash everything twice and a good scrubbing to get the twenty + years of crud off. Runs great and looks better IMO.

Lon Ross

WOW impressive. Very nice job!!!!!
Thanks! You guys are great! Just an old truck, but nice to hear comments. I was on a BMW site for my car and not quite the same kind of nice people all the time there. I got to know what they mean by "what is the difference between a cactus and a BMW? The cactus has the pricks on the outside" LOL. No offence to any BMW owners here, I have had 3 over the past years, but I like to think I have more of a Toyota personality like I find here:)

Related Content You Might Like: