• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Suvs Missing The Jump

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Hold My Beer And Watch This Supercut Of SUVs Missing Jumps

Between the cops in supercars and “hagwalah,” the Middle East sure has some interesting car culture. My favorite part is their propensity to drive way too fast over huge sand dunes, illustrated beautifully by this hilarious video.

“Schadenfreude” is the word your looking for—why it’s so sickly satisfying to watch these things crash and burn. Especially that Nazi car at 0:45.

www.facebook.com/b7966fd1-9b41-4d5e-a9bb-ae5fd6acd07e

I’m sure the factory roll cages on these high-flying SUVs were enough to protect their occupants, mostly. Sand has at least a little give, after all right?

May you live to jump again, wild Land Cruiser pilots! Maybe a little less speed next time. Or more! I don’t know. I wouldn’t put my own shocks through that kind of abuse.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Cray cray is what they say. Just crazy how careless people can be.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
crazy, people get killed doing this stuff. always take care to take care of yourself, don't make blind jumps and don't be reckless!

upatree64

reminds me of one of those rednecks around here saying "hey, watch'iss". It's always makes for a knee slapping laughing experience. They tear them up almost every weekend and work all week to go back and do the same thing again. I like being a spectator at the local mud bog events. My brother n law used to manage one next to the Talladega Super speedway. The pics I loaded were from last year. He got smart and sold it along with most every part he had, washed his hands of everything mudtruck because of cost involved to enjoy it.

Attachments

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, i guess there are "rednecks" and thrill seekers around the world.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
reminds me of one of those rednecks around here saying "hey, watch'iss". It's always makes for a knee slapping laughing experience. They tear them up almost every weekend and work all week to go back and do the same thing again. I like being a spectator at the local mud bog events. My brother n law used to manage one next to the Talladega Super speedway. The pics I loaded were from last year. He got smart and sold it along with most every part he had, washed his hands of everything mudtruck because of cost involved to enjoy it.
Wow, that looks expensive. A lot of fun, and eye-catching, but wow that's a good looking Power Wagon.

upatree64

Wow, that looks expensive. A lot of fun, and eye-catching, but wow that's a good looking Power Wagon.
He called it the "01" but I always referred to as the "debit maker".. I couldn't afford even one tire on it... actually he couldn't afford it either and that's why I called it the debit maker. He'll be paying for that truck another 5 yrs even now that it's gone. Can you say "upside down"

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
The first truck that I remember my dad having when I was a kid was a 1965 International Scout II with the full removable hardtop. After that, he had a 1965 Dodge Power Wagon that I remember fondly. Wish I could find a pic of that truck somewhere, maybe I'll ask my mom.

I found this on the Interwebs. Not exactly the same look as I remember. I'll see if my mom has pics saved on my dad's old computer.

23c947054806eb4e590b5506448e6591.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
He called it the "01" but I always referred to as the "debit maker".. I couldn't afford even one tire on it... actually he couldn't afford it either and that's why I called it the debit maker. He'll be paying for that truck another 5 yrs even now that it's gone. Can you say "upside down"
Yeah, I think they only way these things make sense is if you have a business that you can write them off as a marketing piece. Every once in a while a company will get so much more out of it than they put into it, but only under certain circumstances.

Take the "Sailor Jerry's Rum" rat rod that was shown in the RoadKill special vs. a Lamborghini Aventador. It's been viewed 44million times thus far, that's a really good ROI marketing spend! ;-)

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I got set of rims with new tires off a guy whose yota frame collapsed landing a jump. Idiots create used parts supply

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
My son and I both have been fortunate enough to salvage good parts dirt cheap from owners who think "getting air" is a good idea. Last one was a fully restored '89 4x4 the guy totalled. New Kevlar tires and rims CHEAP!! Kids can't afford to wreck and rebuild generally

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
My son and I both have been fortunate enough to salvage good parts dirt cheap from owners who think "getting air" is a good idea. Last one was a fully restored '89 4x4 the guy totalled. New Kevlar tires and rims CHEAP!! Kids can't afford to wreck and rebuild generally
Most wrecks in the bone yards are pretty self explained. Front end wrecks, rear ended, t-boned, etc. But I've seen more than one truck or jeep with very little body panel damage that instead look like they buckled in half. Makes you think they got overloaded or jumped

carton33

I don't understand how some people do this for fun. Even if they wear helmets and have great protection, it's just beyond my understand how you could even conceive that...

Related Content You Might Like: