• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1995 T100 2.7l Engine Removal

Paul Dickson

I am preparing to replace my 2.7L 3RZ with a JDM - same engine. If someone has removed their 2.7L 5sp I am interested in hearing any procedural lessons. Besides motor mounts, transmission housing bolts, and the various electrical/mechanical connections, are any other considerations important to consider. Thanks very much.

Paul

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I haven't replaced a 2.7L before but I recommend you take plenty of pictures from all angles - top, bottom, and both sides. Sometimes they come in handy when you need to reference them during replacement or when something doesn't line up correctly. Then, when all is completed, you can share with us!

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I never pulled a Toyota engine ether, but have pulled several Chevys and Ford's. Most of the time, it is easer to pull the trans with the engine, and bolt the trans to the new engine before it is installed. It is just a lot easer to line every thing up out of the truck. IDK if that would be easier on your truck but you may want to look into it.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
On my toyota in avatar I pulled engine and manual recommends pulling transmission and transfer case as well. I think it was a 2 hour job. When you start to lift engine just keep a watch for any wires you could have overlooked. If you have a Chiltons it offers step by step procedures. 32 steps on my truck
The engine can be pulled separately but getting at those bolts on top of bell housing is near impossible.

Paul Dickson

Received the Japanese 2.7L 3RZ engine and found that vacuum is different than my 2.7. Any ideas what the two 3/4" lines attach to on the leftside of the picture? They appear to have attached to some sort of metal lines based on the clips. The metal tube that wraps around the engine with several rubber connections isnt on my 1995 2.7L. Any ideas?
IMG_20170409_184800.jpg
IMG_20170409_184141.jpg
IMG_20170409_184141.jpg

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I can't really tell by the pictures. Where do the lines end up?

Paul Dickson

Thanks for the reply. The metal tubr comes out of the back of the engine and almost makes a complete 360 loop around the right, front, and left side of the engine. You can see two fat hoses with spring clips on the ends. My existing 2.7L doesnt have them. I am suspecting that it deals with emissions, where Japan is much more strict. This is a great engine with 47K miles (allegedly). Just thying to figure out the difference before I stade the swap.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My initial though was maybe they were attached to a smog pump. If the hoses are dry with no indication of any type of fluids in them, could plug them. May be worth a shot.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
My first guess is they're related to emissions control too, so try to plug them and see what happens.

Related Content You Might Like: