• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Water On Passenger Floor Board

Herb

Hi I have just bought a 1999 sr5 tacoma and have water on the passenger side floor board. It has been raining here and I have had the truck sitting since I bouht it. The door seal is good,the a/c hasnt run. Any ideas window,firewall ??? where the water might be coming from. Thanks for any info.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Just water, not antifreeze, right?
Check to make sure the drains in the cowl area aren't blocked.
I've seen them get clogged and cause corrosion in that area which leads to leaks.
I've also seen rubber gaskets in that area deteriorate and leak.
A dry day and time with the garden hose can help isolate this issue, start low and work your way to the top of the windshield.

Herb

Just water, not antifreeze, right?
Check to make sure the drains in the cowl area aren't blocked.
I've seen them get clogged and cause corrosion in that area which leads to leaks.
I've also seen rubber gaskets in that area deteriorate and leak.
A dry day and time with the garden hose can help isolate this issue, start low and work your way to the top of the windshield.
Thanks The water is not antifreeze and how hard or what is the procedure for getting into the cowl area?

Herb

The water seems to be coming from up behind the carpet from under the dash. Has anyone had a front window leak?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
The water seems to be coming from up behind the carpet from under the dash. Has anyone had a front window leak?
I have experienced a front windshield leak but it was in a Jeep Wrangler. Dealer had to remove windshield & reseal. Another thing to look for any hole in the firewall or missing plug that would let water in. Keep us posted.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
heck on a Jeep Wrangler if the windshield doesn't leek on the highway in the rain I'd be worried what wasn't right. I've got 2 93 model Wranglers right now and had others over the years, all of them leaked around the windshield gasket, even when new.
On a Tacoma I've seen a few leak around the windshield, it always meant there was corrosion on the lip that the windshield is sitting/bonded to.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
heck on a Jeep Wrangler if the windshield doesn't leek on the highway in the rain I'd be worried what wasn't right. I've got 2 93 model Wranglers right now and had others over the years, all of them leaked around the windshield gasket, even when new............
That was the same year model wrangler I had that leaked!!! Bought it new off the lot when in the military. When the glass man pulled it, resealed it, all was good.

Herb

I have experienced a front windshield leak but it was in a Jeep Wrangler. Dealer had to remove windshield & reseal. Another thing to look for any hole in the firewall or missing plug that would let water in. Keep us posted.
Thanks for the info. It hasent stopped raining in the rain forest ( portland or.) so I have not had a chance to get it dry enough to give it the garden hose check. It probably needs the windshield re-sesaled I guess.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Those are bonded windshields, if it's leaking they have to remove the windshield, I've never seen them clean up an old windshield and put it back in, normally replace it.

Herb

Those are bonded windshields, if it's leaking they have to remove the windshield, I've never seen them clean up an old windshield and put it back in, normally replace it.
I'll keep you posted when I finally figure it out. Hopefully it will help someone else with a similar problem.

Related Content You Might Like: