• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New Tacoma Owner

Matdeere

i just bought my first tacoma this week . Its a 2007 4 doors trd sport with the v6 and automatic transmission . Completely stock. It were appreciate if you know some things specialy to check or some good upgrade. In few months i will lift the truck like 3 inch to put some 33's on it . So if you can tell my any information that will help me with my new truck !! Thank you !!

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I would start with the basics and change all the fluids and filters. Never hurts to start out fresh mostly if you may be unsure of previous service schedules. Plus you get to put "Eyes" on lots of components otherwise you would not see. If you see anything leaking, broke, or doesn't look right - fix it. Check the brake pads and flush brake fluid. Run some fuel cleaner like Seafoam through with a tank of gas. This is what I do when ever I pick up a used vehicle.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
You didn't mention where you are from, nor where the Tacoma lived most of it's life. If the Tacoma spent most of it's life in the "rust belt", be sure to check for a rusty frame. The 2007 falls into that group of Toyota trucks that are infamous for premature frame failures due to rust--caused by improper treatment of the frames during manufacture. There are a million online references regarding the frame problem, so do some research if you find some rust. Toyota may--or may not--replace the frame if it is rusted through. This can be a big safety issue, so please take this suggestion seriously.

Matdeere

I live in quebec , canada , tomorrow the truck goes to the dealer for 3 campaing : the gaz pedal , the rear suspension and the will sandblast all the frame and repaint it . The truck has pass the toyota inspection and everything is in good shape.

Related Content You Might Like: