• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Dishwasher Melted Down

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So, not sure how it happened, but one of the kid was doing dishes and pushed the lower basket in a bit too rough (or something like that) and the wheel unit fell off and melted in the bottom water heater unit!

20170116_220741[1].jpg

Ok, so that's not the end of the world. I was about to order the wheel unit for like $25 delivered ... but we loaded the now 3-point basket and it pushed down the spray arm and that also melted!

20170116_220823[1].jpg

So we took out the bottom basket while I was going to order two new wheels and a new spray arm, which is $30 .. and the silverware basket flipped forward and that melted too!

20170116_220722[1].jpg

So now it looks like I'll be in $50 +/- for the wheels, $30 for the spray arm and maybe $20 for the silverware basket. So that's $100 + shipping which is likely to be $30 ... with tax and shipping, let's call it $150.

Not sure when I got this dishwasher, but it's a Whirlpool GU3600XTVQ2. It's a white exterior built-in with a stainless steel interior tub. Think I paid something like $500 for it back in 2008 or 2009-ish.

On another note ... how the heck is time going by so fast that it seems like maybe 3 years ago, but it was clearly 8 years ago. Where is time going?

So, I can get a similar unit today for maybe $600 and they'll haul off the old one. Pretty much convinced that's my best bet as we'll have a new unit that I don't have to fight with ... these units seem to only last 10-15 years anyhow, so it's life is half over.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Wow. Usually we just loose a few smaller items that we find later hidden in the bottom.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
This is an all internal melt down affair frI'm just losing one single set of wheels.

Related Content You Might Like: