• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Removing Front Cv Shaft From Drive Shaft

spabo

I'm trying to drop the front differential out. I disconnected the propeller shaft from the differential and now need to undo 6 bolts per flange on each shaft going to the wheels. Any tricks for getting the 12 nuts off? I already broke a wrench trying my hardest to loosen them.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Spray each of the nuts with PB Blaster or other good penetrating oil. That has helped me on stubborn bolts & nuts that would not budge.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Those nuts can be a bear to get loose, in the past I've used a long handled breaker bar on one set.
I've also had to use an impact driver on a few before.
If you do use an impact, or any socket, use a six point socket to lessen the chance of rounding off the heads.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
You only have to remove the nuts,,,don't concern yourself with the bolt head,, its pressed in and won't turn... Crack the nuts loose with 24" or more breaker bar if you don't have impact gun.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Just have to ask what symptom did your CV have to cause you to replace it. My truck developed a clicking sound last week, only when truck is moving. I can hear it get louder as I speed up. It quits as I roll to a stop. Going to investigate today

Related Content You Might Like: