• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Sold My Tundra :(

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Just thought I would pass along that I sold my SR5 Tundra. :( It was a tough decision and I was sad to see it go. One of the best trucks I have ever owned. Once I get the job situation straightened out I'm sure I'll pick up another truck. Still have the wife's RAV4 so I will still be hanging around as usual.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
What the hell were you thinking? You sold the tundra before even giving possible thought to abandoning the family and going on the lam?
J/K, hope all works out in the employment area.
Not to put a political spin on this but things aren't as rosy as we're being told they are by our govts and media.
Its a ruff world out there for working, responsible, and ethical people. But if you want to lay back and let the system make your choices and support you its a lot easier. I'm not that kinda guy, I earn and work for everything I have and owe no one. Again, good luck, don't be afraid to explore options that might normally seem totally different than what your trained to or doing now.
This I know, in my first career I was a general contractor doing Roofing and tile work with auto repair as a back-up, I next worked 24 years as a U.S. Navy crew chief, maintenance control supervisor, Quality Assurance, Recruiter, Security/Investigator, Shipboard deployment certifyer, Combat Instructor, I now have 11yrs experience as a Medical system repair/install, and engineer design project manager, none of those careers share any cominalitys except me and my desire to remain employed with along with a willingness to adapt.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
............ hope all works out in the employment area.
Not to put a political spin on this but things aren't as rosy as we're being told they are by our govts and media............
Thanks. I realize how bad things are and have seen it for some time. All we can do is make the best of it. Fortunately, we are debt free. Only reason for re-entering the work force full time - benefits for family.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Only took me 4 months to find a new job, then I am not sure I even have it yet. I'll find out Monday. I'm starting at $10 an hour less than my last job, and that job was $1000 a month less than the job before. I hope it all works out, because there is nothing else, and in time the money will come back up some what.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Jobs with any type of benefits are getting real hard to find, many companies are dumping medical plans due to operating costs.
My present employer tried to drop ours, but fortunately for me I'm presently on contract, after the contract I'll have to rely on my retired military benefits, such as they are.
Yea Kenny one reason I stayed with a job and company I hate with a passion is due to the financial offerrings out in the job market. Employers are realizing they have the upper hand right now and squeezing employees, starting pay at many places is right now 20% lower than it was 5yrs ago.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've been getting by with contract work, seems the "contract to hire" is the new way to bring someone on board Without having to provide benefits. I've got I'vone job potentially lined up, but companies are taking their own sweet time these days.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just thought I would pass along that I sold my SR5 Tundra. :( It was a tough decision and I was sad to see it go. One of the best trucks I have ever owned. Once I get the job situation straightened out I'm sure I'll pick up another truck. Still have the wife's RAV4 so I will still be hanging around as usual.
The good news is that the truck holds it's value so if/when you need to sell it, you get your money back.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Looks like just about everything around my area has been cut back to part-time or temporary. Just when I was enjoying the semi-retired lifestyle - time to jump back in. The Tundra held its value very well over the two years - still looked brand new with only 9k miles. We had the title so we made out well. Wife is not interested in moving yet - but maybe that is a good thing. Worse comes to worse I could get back into truck driving - but I refuse to go OTR.

Jarred

100 Posts
Too bad to hear about letting her go Joe but things in life definitely change. Good luck with your next truck.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Hey @tibadoe any updates on the employment situation?
This post slipped by me - sorry Steve. Still looking and applied at a few places. Did get a confirmation call from one company just to say they received my online application and interviews will be scheduled next week. Will update if I hear anything.

Related Content You Might Like: