• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Manual Mirror Control Lever

Ira Buckley

Hi Folks, Newbeedoo here,

Just bought a 2001 Taco 2WD in great shape and very low miles. Very happy happy.
Only beef is that the right side mirror control lever and inside triangle trim cover is missing and as much as I have scoured the web I can't find those parts anywhere. The guy at the local wreaking yard wished me luck and informed me that any of these trucks that come in are promptly stripped as if by hungry locusts.
Anyone know where the heck I can find these parts?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Welcome to the forum Ira. I'm sure someone will post up that can help out.

Ira Buckley

Appreciate the welcome. I'm sure I'll be hanging out here often.
Very impressed with this truck so far, Especially that is has a bit of grunt for a small truck but sill gets amazing fuel economy.
Do all my own mechanical work and gave it the full stem to stern service. I was very pleased with the overall quality I encountered in the way this thing is put together. It's no wonder people are practically fighting over good clean used ones.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Any luck on your search? I'm looking online for you and I'm afraid i don't follow exactly what you're looking for @Ira Buckley

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
If they sell the replacement aftermarket mirror, they probably sell the control cable and may carry the control arm and then interior trim piece as well.

upload_2016-7-3_10-7-14.png

Ira Buckley

If they sell the replacement aftermarket mirror, they probably sell the control cable and may carry the control arm and then interior trim piece as well.

View attachment 5107

Ordered one of those on Fleabay that showed the lever with the mirror and it showed up minus the lever. When I called them they said it wasn't supposed to come with the lever and they did not stock them, then within an hour they changed the photo in the Ebay add.
With all the hassel and fees associated with returning it I may as well keep it and use it for a book end.

If worse comes to worse I'll just fabricate one. I'm handy that way but don't feel like spending a couple of hours making what should be a $10 part.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Ordered one of those on Fleabay that showed the lever with the mirror and it showed up minus the lever. When I called them they said it wasn't supposed to come with the lever and they did not stock them, then within an hour they changed the photo in the Ebay add.
With all the hassel and fees associated with returning it I may as well keep it and use it for a book end.

If worse comes to worse I'll just fabricate one. I'm handy that way but don't feel like spending a couple of hours making what should be a $10 part.
You should be able to complain to ebay and they will refund the part and all shipping charges. If they showed a pic of parts that were not included they should have said so in the ad up front. If they're a power seller they'll cave in immediately as they don't want a negative rating or worse have ebay come down on them.

This might not be a common part, but seems like they would break from time to time and maybe there is a universal piece. They built enough of these trucks to warrant that I think and 2001 is now getting to be 16 years old, that's not that long ago considering that generation of pickup was still made until 2004.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
You're welcome. That appeared to be the driver's side, but maybe they're the same?

Ira Buckley

Just curious if you ended up getting one of these or not.

Just placed the order last night.
A bit spendy at around 25 bucks with shipping but making a decent one would have taken a couple of hours I don't have to spare right now. I admit to having a bit of OCD about my mirrors being adjusted just right too. :D

Related Content You Might Like: