• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What Else Are You Guy's Working On ?

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Here is my latest project. I had a lawn mower that was burning oil bad. I also had a pressure washer with a bad pump. I got to looking at the PW engine and the mower engine. I realized that they were both Honda 160 cc engines. The PW engine was a side shaft, and the mower, a vertical shaft. I figured I could swap out the carb set up, gas tank, and bottom half's to make a good engine for my mower. I looked on you tube for info on the Honda 160 cc engine, and found what I was looking for. I even found the torque specs for the connecting rod, and how to time the cam and crank for the timing belt. I ended up having to use the lawn mower engine crank shaft, so the torque specs were handy to have, as was the info on the timing belt. I got everything swapped out. I put fresh oil and topped off the gas tank. It started on the 3ed pull. It runs great, and starts on the first pull. I could not be happier with the results. The PW wasn't used much, so the engine is in very good shape, and should last for years. I took a lot of pics with my phone. I find this is a very good tool when putting things back together.
20160609_103335.jpg
20160608_200855.jpg

Last edited:

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
That's a pretty good project. I'm sure you have many years left on that engine. Honda no doubt makes a good engine. I like messing with small engines myself. Have a lawn mower I picked up at the dumpster I want to tear into.

upatree64

swapping out my labor on this cabin in exchange for another cabin that has to moved off the property.
I've got all the interior wall frame work done now, front steps built and 90% finished w/the wiring too. I'll finish up the wiring this week and get a running start on the plumbing before the weekend gets here. The poor fellow and myself didn't think I'd be so far ahead but I've felt good and just worked at my own pace every day. I might add if you're considering one of these little buildings to finish the inside on, be aware that you'll find few things square and level. Drives an OCD guy like me crazy. lol

Attachments

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Sounds like you moving right along. Liking the front porch.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I ended up working on my lawn mower the other day actually. Hasn't run in years and it was an off-brand mower so I thought oh well, it's just junk. Took it out of the shed and rubbed off the name of the engine manufacturer ... BRIGGS and STRATTON. Oh, I thought.

Ended up cleainng it up, draining and replacing the oil, cleaned up the carb and hit it with a mix of wd40 and white petroleum. Cleaned up the spark plug and connection which had gotten a little bit rusty ...

got some gas and literally it started up on the first pull.

Shocking. Now I just have to find my file and sharpen up the blade and we're back in business.

My edge trimmer is another story. The fuel line has melted away and I'm not sure if I can find a replacement kit for it. It's a sears 1 1/2 hp straight blade unit, so i'll start looking for that next.

Updated with pics:

20160712_090058.jpg
20160712_090109.jpg

Last edited:

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I like messing around with small engine stuff. Look forward to yearly regular service intervals to get my hands dirty. Even found a nice looking mulching push mower left at the dumpster I want to go through. A million projects just not enough time! :)

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I picked up a Snapper rear engine rider from my Mom's neighbor for $300. It is in very good condition but is 13 years old. I am tweaking on it. When I bought it, I pulled the dipstick and the oil was so clean, you almost couldn't see it on the dipstick. I have used it 3 times, and the oil still looks that clean. It's an 11 HP Briggs, and a 28 inch high vac with a ninga blade, and mulching kit. Lol, only problem is I can't keep my wife off of it. I post some pics soon

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I picked up a Snapper rear engine rider from my Mom's neighbor for $300. It is in very good condition but is 13 years old. I am tweaking on it. When I bought it, I pulled the dipstick and the oil was so clean, you almost couldn't see it on the dipstick. I have used it 3 times, and the oil still looks that clean. It's an 11 HP Briggs, and a 28 inch high vac with a ninga blade, and mulching kit. Lol, only problem is I can't keep my wife off of it. I post some pics soon
Wow, cool find!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Finally got around to replacing the sticking pressure regulator on my Masterforge Gas Grill. When I had looked last year (or the year before) it appeared to be out of reach. However this was just an optical illusion and I relocated the grill to the other side of my patio area and I was able to get up behind it with a lot of light and it was very easy to unscrew and change the regulator.

20160712_085311.jpg
20160712_085324.jpg
20160712_085402.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I ended up working on my lawn mower the other day actually. Hasn't run in years and it was an off-brand mower so I thought oh well, it's just junk. Took it out of the shed and rubbed off the name of the engine manufacturer ... BRIGGS and STRATTON. Oh, I thought.

Ended up cleainng it up, draining and replacing the oil, cleaned up the carb and hit it with a mix of wd40 and white petroleum. Cleaned up the spark plug and connection which had gotten a little bit rusty ...

got some gas and literally it started up on the first pull.

Shocking. Now I just have to find my file and sharpen up the blade and we're back in business.

My edge trimmer is another story. The fuel line has melted away and I'm not sure if I can find a replacement kit for it. It's a sears 1 1/2 hp straight blade unit, so i'll start looking for that next.

Updated with pics:

View attachment 5117 View attachment 5118
This sticker is a true statement! Probably hasn't run in 5 years. Once I cleaned her up and got oil in the crankcase ... FIRST PULL!

Related Content You Might Like: