• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

At Overland Tacoma Habitat

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Overland-Tacoma-Habitat-0.jpg

Snoozing under a camper shell can be a uniquely rewarding experience, but it has its limitations–namely, space and amenities. And slide-out campers are limited in their own way, as they are spacious but markedly more cumbersome.

Now, the folks at AT Overland have bridged the gap between traditional truck-toppers and slide-in campers with their Tacoma Habitat Shell.

The Tacoma Habitat Shell retails at a base price of $8,600, but there are numerous optional upgrades.

Overland-Tacoma-Habitat-0.jpg
Overland-Tacoma-Habitat-01.jpg
Overland-tacoma-Habitat-2.jpg
Overland-Tacoma-Habitat-3.jpg
Overland-Tacoma-Habitat-4.jpg

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Its interesting. Seen a few of similar design. A Grizzly would stand up and peel that tent open in a heartbeat to swipe the Ding Dong out of your pocket. My daughter shopping for camper but no tent trailers allowed in her area because of Grizzly Bears. Tents also a no no. Getting so snobby out there in BC some campgrounds don't allow camper units over 10 years old,,guess they are concerned folks might abandon them on site.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Its interesting. Seen a few of similar design. A Grizzly would stand up and peel that tent open in a heartbeat to swipe the Ding Dong out of your pocket. My daughter shopping for camper but no tent trailers allowed in her area because of Grizzly Bears. Tents also a no no. Getting so snobby out there in BC some campgrounds don't allow camper units over 10 years old,,guess they are concerned folks might abandon them on site.
Yeah, that's snobby, lol. I have a mid level 2015 jayco ... But they would turn away a 15 year old Prevost that sill costs more than my house.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
These self contained units are very impressive and useful for going to the extreme parts of the world where you just could never take a trailer due to terrain or bad road conditions, or for the single adventurer, explorer or multi-site off-road worker (like a forestry worker or researcher) who needs to be out for a few days or weeks at a time.

As mentioned, yeah those canvas tents aren't really going to do much for you in case of bear or large animal looking for food, but they do give you basic cover from the elements overall, mosquitoes for sure and keeps you off the ground in case of rain.

That far off the ground however is not good in really cold weather as the wind and air will flow underneath you making it extra cold.

Related Content You Might Like: