• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

16 Tacoma Wait Time

Sarge261

Well I got a call from the dealer yesterday...good news and a little bad. The other trucks that were special ordered around the same time as mine have been confirmed but mine still hasn't. So the good news is hopefully the order will be confirmed, after that happens its about a 3 week wait for the truck to arrive. Until then its still about 8 weeks away.

Sarge

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Well I got a call from the dealer yesterday...good news and a little bad. The other trucks that were special ordered around the same time as mine have been confirmed but mine still hasn't. So the good news is hopefully the order will be confirmed, after that happens its about a 3 week wait for the truck to arrive. Until then its still about 8 weeks away.

Sarge
That was nice of them to call and let you know. How often do they get confirmations, once weekly maybe in a batch?

Sarge261

I'm not sure Steve,

My salesman says that he is checking daily. I would assume that my truck will be confirmed in a week or 2, at least I hope anyway. Luckily there hasn't been any snow to speak of around here so the Yukon is still holding up. The intake started leaking, just my luck so obviously I hope sooner than later.
He did say if I wanted a white or silver truck he could do a dealer swap, but it would be the TRD Sport, but I really like having the rear locker and bilstiens, plus I really love the Blue Pearl.

Sarge

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, the special order truck will be exactly what you want though. I've seen much more detailed charts and tables out there on vehicle color popularity, but this from WikiPedia seems to be pretty accurate from what I remember.

Most popular colours
American paint manufacturers PPG Industries and DuPont both conduct annual surveys about car colour popularity worldwide. According to the 2012 surveys, white was the most popular car colour worldwide, followed by silver, grey and black; the highest discrepancies come between grey and silver, apparently because of ambiguity of the terms. Results of the surveys by region are summarized in the table:

upload_2015-12-17_10-22-38.png

Sarge261

Received word today that the order banks are full, and they have a Christmas shut down. Looks like it could be another 10-12 weeks before I even get a confirmation on the order. That sucks, I will say that my dealer is doing everything they can to accommodate me to make the process as smooth as possible. Right now we are exploring dealer swap options, but on the east coast manual transmission trucks are few and far between. I did pick a second color to help broaden the search, I like the grey...but I love the blue.

That's the way my cookie crumbles I guess.

Sarge

Sarge261

7 Weeks of waiting left. Anyone know of a mild life available for these yet. I'm trying to plan/save for a couple of mods in the mean time. I was looking at similar TRD's and looks like it comes with on road tires, so I may see what a set of BFG's would run me.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy health New Year.

Sarge

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Received word today that the order banks are full, and they have a Christmas shut down. Looks like it could be another 10-12 weeks before I even get a confirmation on the order. That sucks, I will say that my dealer is doing everything they can to accommodate me to make the process as smooth as possible. Right now we are exploring dealer swap options, but on the east coast manual transmission trucks are few and far between. I did pick a second color to help broaden the search, I like the grey...but I love the blue.

That's the way my cookie crumbles I guess.

Sarge
That stinks now, but in the long run it means a more popular truck with higher resale value and demand.

Sarge261

Lets hope so...dropped a lifter on the Yukon today, so looks like I gotta put more money in this thing just to keep it running until the Tacoma shows up.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!!

Sarge

Sarge261

Good News, I'm officially a Tacoma owner. Not exactly what I wanted, or ordered but the Yukon died and with my truck not even in queue I couldn't wait. The dealer had a similarly equipped truck that was just taken off the truck so I went up and looked at it and bought it.

Its a 16 TRD Sport, pretty loaded, with an automatic. In all honesty I'm pretty happy with everything but the color, I just loved the blue. Good news on my end is that I haven't seen any TRD Sports in white up here yet so that's good. Haven't put many miles on the truck since I picked it up 12/31 but so far I love it. Its tough getting used to all this new technology but I'll cope.

So far the only mods Ive done is tinted the front windows to match the rears and I have a tonneau cover on order. Ill post pictures as soon as I figure out how. '

Sarge

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
FWIW, we had a 2006 Tacoma TRD Sport (my sis-in-law has it now) and while I liked the looks of the hood scoop, it sure was a PITA when we took the tuck off-road. For me, that scoop just blocked waaay too much of the trail, especially when cresting hills. Other than that, the Sport did very well off-road. Well, I did have the rear springs rebuilt with an extra leaf added, which helped the ride & handling.

Sarge261

Cool deal, so far I'm really liking the truck, I guess I'm kind of glad that I didn't get the manual at this point, being that I'm 6'5" I think I would hate driving the manual version of this truck everyday.

Did you just add a leaf or was there a specific combination you went with. I'm looking for a leveling kit for it, but it sits pretty level now and I think if I can find a leveling kit Id need to add a leaf too. Right now parts just aren't that readily available for the 16, at least that I can find.

Sarge

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Congrats on the truck, i'm sure you'll love it. Sometimes the best decisions are those that are made for us.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Good News, I'm officially a Tacoma owner. Not exactly what I wanted, or ordered but the Yukon died and with my truck not even in queue I couldn't wait. The dealer had a similarly equipped truck that was just taken off the truck so I went up and looked at it and bought it.

Its a 16 TRD Sport, pretty loaded, with an automatic. In all honesty I'm pretty happy with everything but the color, I just loved the blue. Good news on my end is that I haven't seen any TRD Sports in white up here yet so that's good. Haven't put many miles on the truck since I picked it up 12/31 but so far I love it. Its tough getting used to all this new technology but I'll cope.

So far the only mods Ive done is tinted the front windows to match the rears and I have a tonneau cover on order. Ill post pictures as soon as I figure out how. '

Sarge
How are you liking the new truck still?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Got a '17 SR and love it. MT, 4x4 with the 4 banger. Love it and wouldn't change a thing.

Related Content You Might Like: