• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Weekend Projects? Not Just Vehicle, But Anything.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Got shelves up in my oldest boy's room, re-set the toilet in the main bathroom, cleaned out the garage and about 1/2 of the house. Yeah, it's a good project week this far.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Got spine aligned last tuesday,, 5 hours on the hoist with 2' clamps anchoring my melon in place. 6 screws and some caging to align everything...
How's your back and bones been treating you?

upatree64

this weekend is all about getting the trailer for the tractor and other equip. to the club land to stay until late fall. A little mowing in the back 100 acres and then reset the equip to the front for some new cleaning and clearing that will be going on all summer.. I forgot, also checking the game cameras too.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
It's raining like crazy all over north Texas and southern Oklahoma. We were going to do a three-day camping trip for memorial day, but there's no place to go where we get out of the rain and the wife isn't going for that. So I guess I'll do a whole bunch of weekend projects on this 3-day. I still need to get a new grill, so I might just go ahead and work on the patio area if it's not too wet.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Lots of cleaning and organization today. It's just under 90 degrees outside and nearly 70% humidity so going outside made is sweat buckets in just minutes.

Only real project was replacing the knobs on my kid's dresser. Seems that I did this dresser project about 10 years ago and almost half the knobs were either broken or missing so he picked out a new design and color and we painted them with a dual action paint with built in polyurethane. Seems to be dry enough to put them on.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Guess it was a paint and primer in one, not paint and polyurethane in one.

Now my kid wants to re-condition the entire set, dresser and mini end armoire, so I'll pick up some sanding blocks tonight and we can sand tomorrow afternoon and paint Monday morning.

20160528_194302.jpg
20160528_194152.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Weather forecast was dead wrong. No rain at all, so much for the 60% chance. We should have gone camping and swimming need to get my money's worth out of my Jayco trailer before I put it back ibn the shop this fall.

Anyhow, it's hot and humid, so we're spending the afternoon at a city splash pad, sometimes called a spray ground.
1464551165366353643191.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
we have a splash pad similar to that at our marina. Most of the year it's a skating rink
The city of Arlington texas has three of these, the one closest to us was remodeled and expanded recently, so they missed the memorial day opening by a few days ad it will open this Thursday.

Course they missed the forecast for the weekend, they're projecting rain for the next six days though.

Related Content You Might Like: