• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Should I debadge my Tacoma?

GearHead

100 Posts
I'm looking for the opinion of others as to whether I should remove the stock Toyota badges from the doors and tailgate of my 2010 Tacoma. I've seen a few of them on the road and I do like the look for some reason, but not sure if maybe there is an issue with the paint looking different under them as a result of fading, etc. What do you guys think?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I always like my trucks without the badging.
If your gonna do it do it soon before any fading happens and leaves ghost prints on the paint.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Get it buffed out ASAP if you're going to do it, that will help minimize any issues with fading.

calvin62

Removed all stickers and emblems within a few days of buying a new 2009 4 door TRD. A little Goof Off or similar product and dental floss or fine fishing line works great. Much easier to wash and very much easier to wax! Some colors possibly more issue with fading if not done when new.

Harvey

I wouldn't do it, it could affect your re-sale value negatively. I know that when I'm shopping for a new car I'm always really suspicious of cars that look like they have had a lot of mods done on them and sometimes it can affect insurance.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Not a bad point, but not as relevant as it used to be. I think that the community of people looking for modded out trucks is growing for sure.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Toyota sells a crash kit for badges or you can buy them separately.
The crash kit is kinda nice because it has an instruction sheet on badge placement that includes measurements from edges and body lines for placement.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
its a clean look i like it my next truck will be debadged and as for paint i would buff it as soon as you do it. it aint hard to do a hair dyer and a piece of fishing line or a thin string and it will come right off

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm looking for the opinion of others as to whether I should remove the stock Toyota badges from the doors and tailgate of my 2010 Tacoma. I've seen a few of them on the road and I do like the look for some reason, but not sure if maybe there is an issue with the paint looking different under them as a result of fading, etc. What do you guys think?
Old topics still get searched for quite a bit!

Related Content You Might Like: