• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How do Toyota Trucks Retain Their Value?

georgebb

This thread's been helpful in assessing resale value. I always thought it's just in the maintenance and handling, but how the model does in the market within 5 years could really vary.I'm thinking of reselling and buying a new truck in 7 years.

What I love about Toyota is the availability of their spare parts. I guess that's why more people are inclined to buy their vehicles. They are well-designed and easier to maintain compared to other models.

mike911gts

The Chrysler 200 post had me laughs ng my ass off, its so true. You have to be "High" to walk into a Chrysler Dealer and buy a 200, unless you want to throw your money away. Get a Camry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I love the FJ's, but for whatever reason, I read "FootJoy" everytime I see that name. It's a bad name for a truck in my opinion, especially the "cruiser" part. Maybe that's why they don't make 'em anymore.

Tundra, 4runner, and even the Tacoma to a lesser extent, are truck names.
You know, I never thought about the cruiser name before. Really not a cruiser is it?

TruckZoom

What I love about Toyota is the availability of their spare parts. I guess that's why more people are inclined to buy their vehicles. They are well-designed and easier to maintain compared to other models.
I agree. that's what I like about Toyota too. maintenance is not a hassle since they have a wide variety of available parts, even for aftermarket products.

johan

I believe that is part of the reason Toyota holds it resell value. The trucks are all great and will run forever with general maintenance. To much truck is just what the other guy needs while some people move or haul people mostly. My 02 Sequoia is great for that. It runs wonderful it isn't difficult to work on and old enough to have all the of any special tools around for the do it yourself type. I picked it up a while back and don't have any plans of getting rid of it. Toyota just makes vehicles that keep going for whatever use you may need it for.

Dave

I bought a used 2010 at the end of the year in 2010. Got a good deal for it, guy going through a divorce. It was a tundra TRD 47000 miles. I traded it in this past Saturday, dealer gave me 19 grand in trade. So I have doubt about my new Tacoma and its retained value

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I bought a used 2010 at the end of the year in 2010. Got a good deal for it, guy going through a divorce. It was a tundra TRD 47000 miles. I traded it in this past Saturday, dealer gave me 19 grand in trade. So I have doubt about my new Tacoma and its retained value
What did you pay for it?

Dave

What did you pay for it?
It must have been a bad divorce, guy wanted it sold, I got it for 23 five. 47 K on it. When I traded it had 63 K. I owned it through the 3 and 4 dollar gas price era, could not afford to drive it much.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Did you mean to say that you have no doubt about the retaining value?

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Toyota owners take care of their trucks better, so they tend to last longer, which increases their holdover value ... which means people who sell them get more out of their truck and will buy another ... and will take care of it better, so it will last longer .... and the cycle continues even to this very day. :)

upatree64

I have spent my whole life as the guy who never seen the true value in buying new vehicles right off the dealers lot. I certainly have purchased many models a couple of years after they left the lot new. For many years I found my best vehicles by focusing on proven engines from the different makers. Like GM's 250 straight 6cyl, 4.3 V6, 350 V8, Fords 300 straight 6, Dodge slant 6, 318 v8. Through what I would nearly declare to be Fate, I ended up with a Toyota Supera and a Corola in the late 80's. I drove the Supera every weekend from Charleston SC home to B-ham Al and back to work on Sunday nights for 3yrs straight and my wife drove the Corola for the same. I was hooked for life on the Toyota's across the board. I tried to apply my solid engine theory to them and early on found it to be useless because they all were solid. Even today I only shy away from one toyota engine and would rather not start a war over reliable or not engine's. But buying most any Toyota has never been a losing proposition for anyone I know, especially if you use some common since and a bit of digging into their true value at the time of purchase. I've had several Toyota's that I've driven for many years, stacked ungodly amount of miles on them, then sold or traded them and MADE money on them. I added this comment here knowing that a huge amount of people are reading and making up their minds to buy a new Toyota. I think my post will help you because the new models are the same now as the older model's are for me. You just can't beat them to death with a hammer. I once had a man tell me as I considered buying this expensive Toyota, "if it's what you want and you can afford the payment to buy it, BUY IT" because you'll be happy with the vehicle and you'll work hard to take care of it and the payment. Just be sure, if any vehicle stands a chance of outlasting your expectations "IT'S A TOYOTA"

Related Content You Might Like: