• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New Taco Truck

Dave

Just traded my old tundra for a new Tacoma Sport TRD, this past Saturday. It sets down in the rear or up in the front. I was wondering if the three inch blocks used to bring up the rear, to level out truck, would change the comfortable current ride? Looking at the ads of the company selling such products, say the ride will not change, but you know you can't always trust their statements. Hopefully there are those here that have done this, and can shed some light on the subject. I have heard that bilstein shocks would be a better option, but am looking for a quick cheap fix for now. Thanks for any advice. I have a lot more questions but don't know whether to give the whole list all at once or break it down to individual posts to avoid confusion?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Welcome to the site. First off, what's your configuration? 2WD, 4WD ... Cab configuration? Any modifications that you make will have an effect, it's just a question of desired effect and toleration.

Dave

Welcome to the site. First off, what's your configuration? 2WD, 4WD ... Cab configuration? Any modifications that you make will have an effect, it's just a question of desired effect and toleration.
It's a 4wd 4 door. There are no mods to it. I traded to get a truck easier to get in and out of, but this truck is almost as high as my off road tundra. When commenting about my old truck it was suggested to get AMP power running boards well I had to get them after all, they are due to arrive tomorrow. Will be challenging to get them installed probably take me a couple of days and a lot of cussing.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
It's a 4wd 4 door. There are no mods to it. I traded to get a truck easier to get in and out of, but this truck is almost as high as my off road tundra. When commenting about my old truck it was suggested to get AMP power running boards well I had to get them after all, they are due to arrive tomorrow. Will be challenging to get them installed probably take me a couple of days and a lot of cussing.
Did you get those power running boards installed yet @Dave ?

Dave

Yes, today was the last day I spent working on getting them on. I spent about three hours a day for three days. Instructions with the boards were terrible, illustrations, were a complete mess. They said to put both motors on the front end, when they were supposed to go one in front and one in back. I tossed the instructions and went with a guys instructions on YouTube. They work great and while they don't actually hide from view they do fold up nicely against the truck. If I knew how to post pictures I would. Is there a sticky that explains how to post pics? You am now looking at clazzio seat covers, can't decide what color or material I want. Or the best price place to get them.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yes, today was the last day I spent working on getting them on. I spent about three hours a day for three days. Instructions with the boards were terrible, illustrations, were a complete mess. They said to put both motors on the front end, when they were supposed to go one in front and one in back. I tossed the instructions and went with a guys instructions on YouTube. They work great and while they don't actually hide from view they do fold up nicely against the truck. If I knew how to post pictures I would. Is there a sticky that explains how to post pics? You am now looking at clazzio seat covers, can't decide what color or material I want. Or the best price place to get them.
You can add a photo to your post by using the "upload a file" button and that will attach a photo.

Dave

Testing the picture posting. Before and after. I have ordered the cheaper vinyl gray clazzio seat covers, I never did like the way leather seats wear. I guess I will have a fight on my hands getting them installed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: