• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Wtb 4runner - Good Truck Home

matt b

15 yrs ago I was loaned a '89 4runner for a summer.Once my vehicle shortcomings were resolved,I had to give it back(begrudgingly) I am now trying to acquire 1 of my own. If you know of one that needs a loving home for its 2nd (3rd-4th etc.)life, I"m your guy.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What type of shape or condition are you looking for? Do you want something that's in good shape, restored, need some work?

matt b

Ideally, a daily driver that i would not mind spending money on. No aspirations of building monster truck/rock crawler, that said.....the better shape ,the more interested-the more stock(ish) the better. thanks for response.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
How far are you looking to travel to get one? Ie, would you fly out and drive it back, or are you only looking for someplace within xx hours drive-time?

Also, what years are you willing to consider? I know of a '96 that may be up for sale that's been slightly modified and kept in at least "good" working order as a high-mileage but low-use daily driver and weekend warrior beast.

matt b

'87-'89 you know ,the removable hardtop. super high mileage expected. no rust bucket. I'm imagining an immaculate barn/garage find that just needs a little time/money and desire to make street legal and safe. As to distance..daytrip drive (3hr.+or-) from stl. I can dream can't I.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
'87-'89 you know ,the removable hardtop. super high mileage expected. no rust bucket. I'm imagining an immaculate barn/garage find that just needs a little time/money and desire to make street legal and safe. As to distance..daytrip drive (3hr.+or-) from stl. I can dream can't I.
Good luck with that, be prepared to pay for it. :) do you have an estimated budget?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts

3 hours from where.?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
That's really optimistic. :) sorry not trying to bust your chops, haha.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Well, maybe that's possible. I guess I was thinking that they hit the point to where they're hard to find so they start to appreciate in value to a much greater degree ... just checking on ebay for the whole country I came up with a lot of options ... lots of varying conditions though too.

DwTEWPYRsy1RAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Hard to read, but some of the bids or buy-it-now prices are around ..

$1800
$5500
$500
$2500
$7250

matt b

Hard to read, but some of the bids or buy-it-now prices are around ..

$1800
$5500
$500
$2500
$7250
In conversation w/88 good body-running fine(we'll see)
interior wanting. Mid 2k$. hopefully see in person tomorrow.local buy even!...trying not to get too geeked.

upatree64

I think I found the golden goose of a deal 2 year's ago when I bought a 97 4Runner Limited 3.4, great air and heat 190k miles 2wd for exactly $1000.[My ex-wife still drives it today] I will say this vehicle had been confiscated by a very mad father who had caught his daughter in senior high school skipping school with 4 other girls. The sale of 4 Runner was to serve as a lesson to her. He ran the add on a local FB Toyota sales page and I was there to buy it in less than an hour.
I joined 4 local Toyota truck sales pages several years ago and see great buys every week, as long as hunting season is over with. In my area a Toyota truck brings a premium during hunting season.

upatree64

This is a perfect example of connecting to your local Toyota truck and car owners, sellers and buyers.. It's a 98 4 Runner Limited 4x4 w/3.4 V6 automatic[all elect. leather interior] good air n heat front and back. I think Casey's truck only has 150k miles or less. I realize Chelsea Al. is prob. too far for you to travel but He still has this truck as of this morning. He's a fireman working 24 on 24 off. His phone is 205-317-0160. stand up guy too.. he dropped the price to 3500 dollars yesterday

Attachments

matt b

This is a perfect example of connecting to your local Toyota truck and car owners, sellers and buyers.. It's a 98 4 Runner Limited 4x4 w/3.4 V6 automatic[all elect. leather interior] good air n heat front and back. I think Casey's truck only has 150k miles or less. I realize Chelsea Al. is prob. too far for you to travel but He still has this truck as of this morning. He's a fireman working 24 on 24 off. His phone is 205-317-0160. stand up guy too.. he dropped the price to 3500 dollars yesterday
my last car was '99 limited , and would still be loving it but...workplace moved causing long commute to and from...traded for new 6-speed sports car w/35 mpg with lots of speeding tix. I'm not adult enough to play with sharp objects. I need a simple truck, just fell for the topless 1st gen 4runner.(still looking)

Related Content You Might Like: