• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How To Repair ~ 1991 Toyota Pickup Tps / Sensor

RacerX

Working on a 1991 Toyota pickup, 3L V6, automatic and about 160K miles on it. Need to change a bad TPS and came across this problem. It seems that one of the wires on the connector to the TPS sensor has come loose from the plastic part. Tried to spread the little ears on the metal part, didn't work. Still pops out when connecting the connector. It appears that there is some sort of material just behind the metal part in the back of the connector to prevent the metal part from coming out of the plastic part. My question is what is that material and what can I do to repair the connector? My idea is to put some epoxy behind that metal part in the back like the other locations have. Would this work? Any other way to fix this other than to buy a new connector? Hopefully you can see what I am talking about in the pics. Appreciate any ideas!!!

Attachments

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Yes epoxy will work, but the trick is to keep the epoxy on the back of the connector, and not let if flow towards the front where the metal clips onto the connector. I know they make a epoxy that is like a putty. This may be your best option. An epoxy like JB weld would be thin and tend to run, where a putty type could be pushed where it is needed, but would not run towards the front of the metal clip.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I agree on the epoxy on this. I think we've all used JB Weld before and we know the problems with that.

Related Content You Might Like: