• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Oil Leak Into Air Filter Box And White Exhaust Smoke

Zepolr13

I'm thinking of purchasing a 2000 Tacoma 2wd v6 that has some white exhaust smoke on start-ups and I'm trying to figure it out. I've tried a compression test that checked out fine with readings average of 190psi and replaced the after market PCV valve in it with a factory original. The air filter had some oil soak to it that may have been caused by a bad after market PCV Valve (which I replaced) so the air filter was replaced also. Those remedies lasted about a day and now the smoke is back again but to some degree it is less. Again, the white smoke issue only happens and lastduring start up and drive off but clears itself. Help on this issue would be greatlyappreciated..

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
White smoke on cold startup or warm start-up?

Did you do compression testing on all of the cylindars? Did you end up making a decision on this, it was last month that you posted here @Zepolr13 so who knows.

Zepolr13

White smoke on cold startup or warm start-up?

Did you do compression testing on all of the cylindars? Did you end up making a decision on this, it was last month that you posted here @Zepolr13 so who knows.
Sad news regarding the 2000 Tacoma with white start-up smoke and oil in air filter box. I returned it to the sales dealer (Subes Auto Import in Grover Beach Ca.) after the Toyota repair shop ( Toyworx in PismonBeach) declared the engine was shot and likely needed piston rings and not worth further investment. All this after ZUBES said they would honor the warranty and fix it and make things right. So their solution to make things right was to agree they would not invest anymore in the repair. One of the owners of Zubes was very rude about my effort to contact them after my discover of the immediately noticeable mechanical issues and told me what I done was all BULLSHIT! Said that in earshot of my wife! I held my tounge and responds "No, it was Justified"! He apologized but his behavior continued to sour the nightmare that resulted from this Tacoma effort of purchase. I had intended to help my son buy this truck as his first truck ever for his work and college needs and nobody was more disappointed than he was. Hopefully we will get most of the $9800 spent at Zubes Auto Import. Don't get me wrong. If I can find a good sound Tacoma for around $10000 for my kid before he takes off to UCSD, I will make every effort to guarantee it's soundness and every effort to buy it. Lesson learned on my part. Buyer Beware.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Well, that's the big question mark about buying any previously owned vehicle ... Who owned it, how did they treat it, and how well did they maintain it. Hopefully you'll get your money back on this purchase.

Related Content You Might Like: