• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Truckbed Toolbox Recommendation

Hello All,

Looking for a truck bed tool box with split sides (Gull Wing style). Black in color and preferably not a diamond plate surface. Also, looking for the type of toolbox which doesn't rest on the truck bed. Has locks and also mounts to the truck to prevent theft.

I have a 2014 Tacoma double cab, short bed.

Anybody have an suggestions of a manufacturer or even a place to buy this specific tool box.

Thank you,
Robert

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What part of the country ate you in? Well it doesn't matter as much anymore as it used to, because of the weight and size of these items they didn't used to be sold be beyond certain regional limits from when the manufacturer built them.

I've had the UWS truck toolbox before with the Gull wing doors that I got locally in Arlington Texas and it lasted me a good 5 years with no problems.

I am in Miami Florida area.

I will take a look for the UWS tool box.
Thank you,
Robert

What part of the country ate you in? Well it doesn't matter as much anymore as it used to, because of the weight and size of these items they didn't used to be sold be beyond certain regional limits from when the manufacturer built them.

I've had the UWS truck toolbox before with the Gull wing doors that I got locally in Arlington Texas and it lasted me a good 5 years with no problems.

You're welcome. When are you looking to make a purchase? I found just one of the general do uws truck boxes and I posted a link in a photo of it just before I am sending this.
Hello,

Thank you for finding this one. I have had some difficulty finding one to fit my truck. The one you found is also too big. Toyota has one but they are asking almost $600 for it and that seems crazy. I pasted the dimensions of my truck bed below and as you can see the width of the truck bed is fairly small.

Thank you,
Robert
Truck bed 57 across at wheel well height, 43 1/2 at Bedliner base of truck bed, 18 from truck Bedliner base to top of truck bed sidewall, 9 1/2 from truck bed base to top of wheel well, 8 3/4 from top of wheel well to top of truck bed sidewall

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, I think that UWS is based in Florida (maybe northern florida) so shipping to your area should be cheaper, or they'll stock them near you so you can just go get one somewhere.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I thought that myself, but I looked at the company website and they're showing ownership in the northeast ... maybe they got bought?

UWS Truck Accessories US
42 Silvermine Rd
Seymour, CT 06483 US
Phone: 800-432-4685
Fax: 203-888-4252

Related Content You Might Like: