• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2016 Trans Slip

screamerz

I've been reading on some other forums that the trannies on the new Tacos with the tow package are having slipping problems. From what is being said, it's that they are being shipped with not enough fluid. The main time it happens is when it's first started and it's cold out. I noticed the slipping in mine that I bought a little over a month ago, but now that it's getting warmer in Ohio it seems to be better. Anyone else noticing a slippage problem on theirs?

I haven't talk to my dealer yet about checking the level, but from what others are saying is that their dealers won't, or at the very least reluctant to, check the level even though it's still under warranty.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Welcome to the site. First off, what's your model/trim/engine/tranny configuration?

I don't want to assume that you have the 6-cylinder 6-speed automatic.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
... and the sport only can come with the 3.5-Liter V6 if I remember correctly and not the 2.7-Liter 4-cyl.

yeah, there's a lot of talk about the way that the transmission is holding gears, but that's a discussion overall and not specific to towing. Since I'm all about having a truck to tow, i'll look into this and I'll even reach out to Toyota's PR firm to see if they have anything to tell us.

Related Content You Might Like: