• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Best Struts, And Shocks

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I will replace the shocks and struts on my 2004, 4 runner soon. So what will give me the best ride. The 4 runner is my wife's driver so ride quality is what is most important.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Pavement princess or will you actually be going off road or doing any towing with it?

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Definitely a pavement princess. Ride quality is what I am after. The smother the ride, the better. No towing what so ever, and it never goes off road. A grocery getter by all means. With out terrible Louisiana roads. I need the softest , smoothest ride I can get.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Bilstein offers a good ride, but their expensive.
I used a set of older rebuildable Fabtechs designed for 2" lift on my daughters 2005 4Runner.
By adjusting the valving slightly we achieved a great on road ride which is where hers spends all its time.
We bought them on craigslst real cheap.

Trd

For on road ride quality you should check out the Fox 2.0 Performance Series shocks. Eibach may also be worth checking out. Eibach purchased the shock division from Edelbrock and when I was an engineer at Edelbrock we had a heavy focus on on-road ride quality. I'd like to think that carried over.

Related Content You Might Like: