• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Sienna Forum

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Who's got a Toyota Sienna?

What year is it and how do you like it? Is it customized? Sound off and show photos if you have them.

2012-toyota-sienna.jpg

WorkingTruck

My wife has a Sienna. No idea how many miles she has on it, but I'm going to guess it has almost as many as my truck, if not more. She's been hauling the boys to and from basketball, soccer, baseball and football almost non-stop it seems like. Pretty nice van. She likes it.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I don't have one of these but my sister and her family sure do. It's got to be the gold-standard for all mini-vans for sure.

danstpierre

100 Posts
I really wonder if a Sienna fits to be modified? I think it is a bit awkward. Maybe with the paintjobs only, but modifications on the engine, etc?

lasvegaswhitey

Would love some advice. We have had our 2005 Limited fully load Sienna now for about 2.5 years. I have reached a point of total and complete frustration. I would have to say that every recall that was done with this model has plagued us over the last 1.5 years. The drivers door welds completely separated. This caused the door hinge to fail and in turn the hinge collapsed into the side window and shattered it (as of yet still no side window glass). No response from Toyota on this obvious bad manufacturing issue. About that same time, the VSC lights started their disaster. We have a rainbow of service lights illuminating our dashboard. One reading at the local shop diagnosed "bad catalytic converters" (upper? lower? who knows) while the next shop started in with bad 02 sensors. Which one? No one knows. Apparently needs to be done by process of elimination which with 5 children can become cost prohibitive. The slider doors stopped working 6 months after purchase however i could actually care less that we need to open and close the doors manually. And then finally last week the straw that breaks our back. Apparently in the designing of the crankshaft pulley the "no brainer engineers" didnt apply the correct or proper amount of adhesive on the hub to the outer ring of this pulley. This adhesive has now come completely apart and the pulley if flopping around on the crank snout. Any single one of these items were part of public recalls with Toyota for manufacturing flaws and safety flaws. The odds of us actually suffering from all of them had to be high, however...here we are. Our vehicle parked. No secondary transportation. Calls made to the recall line are not returned or simply the response is NO HELP. Do we seek some form of legal counsel? Is there anyone else out there with similar experiences with Toyota? Any telephone line that can help? Any advice would genuinely help this distress family.

James LaPaglia

Who's got a Toyota Sienna?

What year is it and how do you like it? Is it customized? Sound off and show photos if you have them.

View attachment 711
I live in Vermont where cars go to die. With our hard winters, road salt, the new brine road treatment, mud season and washboard dirt roads, whether you got a Yugo or a Bentley, it’s rusted out in 10 to 12 years. I bought s Sienna down in Georgia last Spring already 10 years old with no rust 150,000 miles. I undercoated it with a army developed food grade lubricant and had the bottom half dipped to protect from the salt spray and give it a 2 tone look. My kids are grown and I just retired so I have the Sienna set up as a traveling motel room. It has a bed, toilet, water, food and entertainment. Anyone know how to get safe heat overnight?

Attachments

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I live in Vermont where cars go to die. With our hard winters, road salt, the new brine road treatment, mud season and washboard dirt roads, whether you got a Yugo or a Bentley, it’s rusted out in 10 to 12 years. I bought s Sienna down in Georgia last Spring already 10 years old with no rust 150,000 miles. I undercoated it with a army developed food grade lubricant and had the bottom half dipped to protect from the salt spray and give it a 2 tone look. My kids are grown and I just retired so I have the Sienna set up as a traveling motel room. It has a bed, toilet, water, food and entertainment. Anyone know how to get safe heat overnight?
So the only way to safely get heating while "vehicle camping" is to use electric heat, you'll have to find a heater that uses the lowest amount of electricity possible and then of course you have to find a way to power it so you don't drain your battery. Using ship-to-shore power, ie. plugging into an outlet, is clearly the best way, but if you're off the grid you're going to drain your battery really fast. You can look into getting a large usb-type of battery pack, or get an external generator that's fuel-based.

But it's a difficult question. If you're really going off-grid then you're probably also in a 4wd pickup or something and that helps to solve some issue, so I assume you're talking mostly about sleeping in either campgrounds, in someone's driveway or in a parking lot.

Related Content You Might Like: