• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Error Code P O 983 In 2006 Tacoma Pre Runner

Toy3x3

Hello,
When I was driving the check engine light came on. I didn't notice anything wrong while driving. Once I got home I used a scanner to find out was is wrong. The scanner found out error code P O 983 Shift Solenoid e Circuit High.
Any ideas what that means and how to fix it?
Thanks

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Is it shifting smoothly? Basically it's sensing a problem in one of the shifting solenoids that can cause a mis shift.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
That particular code comes up quite often on these trucks, many have referred to it as a phantom code.
I don't believe in phantom codes, theres a reason codes pop up even if the issue exists for only a micro second. Something bothered the system enough to trigger the code.
Unfortunately the issue has been elusive for many to this point.

billybob

That particular code comes up quite often on these trucks, many have referred to it as a phantom code.
I don't believe in phantom codes, theres a reason codes pop up even if the issue exists for only a micro second. Something bothered the system enough to trigger the code.
Unfortunately the issue has been elusive for many to this point.
These sites for discussing exchanging problems and information are great. Though it becomes a guessing game as to the type of truck, age, miles, and location. So many people assume to do no maintance on it, drive it until an idiot light comes on. Then for the first time post a problem and it become a 50 question game. I've notice many other people chime in with the same issue, now it becomes a room of who who you're talking to, to resolve the original person with the problem.

Related Content You Might Like: