• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Thinking About A Switch From Tacoma To Tundra

10a453

Just curious if anyone has moved up into the tundra from the Tacoma. I need the interior room more than the power and towing. Will the gas be a big issue I'm assuming the Tundra will chew a lot of gas as compared to the Tacoma. Thoughts ?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I stepped up to the 5.7L non flex-fuel Tundra from a Tacoma last year. The extra interior room and power was nice. Gas mileage will be less but not too bad if you have a very light foot. If you are into towing, mileage will take a considerable hit. Summer blend fuels will net you better mileage than winter blends - so keep that in mind. I have kept track of each and every tank I have put into my Tundra since I rolled it off the lot. You can see the mileage details by checking out my page on Fuelly. It shows my last 10 fill-ups averaged together at 17.8 mpg. All tanks average of 16.6 mpg. My best was a highway trip this past Spring which I saw 20.0 mpg. If I take another highway trip I hope to see an increase of one or two mpg's since the engine is broken in a bit more. Overall I an very happy with my decision, and the fuel mileage, considering the engine size.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
No doubt about it, the Tundra is a big truck however if you keep your foot off the pedal and really pay attention to always doing that and driving at the speed limit then you will not see as big a hit on fuel econ.

Personally, I really can't fit into a tacoma all that well, but the Tundra is like a room at the four seasons, it's really spacious.

Jarred

100 Posts
I actually chosen a Tundra over Taco due to size and its a great choice so far. Like others said, its a matter of right driving and maintenance, especially keeping the correct tire pressure.

Related Content You Might Like: