• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Introduction? Been Driving Toy's. Lauri Sibulkin

Sibulkin

Been driving Toy trucks since my very first legal ride, a very used '78 back in '82. The current one is number 5. I am so sorry to say that decent Toyota trucks have gone $$$ out of my reach. I need advice and a good parts resource to bring this '86 1 ton back to life. Or 'Grandie' needs a new home.
My trucks have averaged over 200K and the last two went 15 years each. Really appreciate how economical and tough they are. 'Grandie' in particular is essentially indestructible. Still runs like a storm and carries or tows like a champ. How ever.... salt and rust are deep in the shell and I need some advice. What do I do? Any one care to carry on this thought?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Welcome to the site! How long have you had the 86? How much rust are we talking about?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
If the frame looks like this one on my parts truck,,,raise the mirrors and roll a new truck under...the drivetrain on this one is excellent... I would not bother with a frame repair. Post some pics of your truck,,,rot and all
IMG_1283.JPG

Sibulkin

My frame is not near this bad. Seems ok to me and others that have looked at it. Just too much body rot for me to afford. Is a 1 ton rare enough to be of interest? I can't afford the repairs. Anyone out there interested? I will look into photos. Not much of a computer master but my son can post for me. Thanks.

TruckZoom

that's quite rusty, but good thing a few can still be saved. will be watching out for the additional photos. welcome aboard!

Related Content You Might Like: